The Cleveland Browns!!!

BuffJim

As card carrying Texican Cretin, I tried really hard to not like Baker Mayfield, due to his playing for OU, and I failed.  My son summed him up best last night after he scored on the trick play.  He is infectious.   He seems to play the game for the right reasons,   Hard to hold a grudge against a man like that.

I have a feeling that when Baker Mayfield visits @Couch_Incident, that Ylva will not bite him.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, smudge said:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that young man play football, but I absolutely hated his interview. Boy gotta get some social skills. Ok, he's confident, but geez! 

As long as he does well on the field...

You can't expect him to football good and speak good too.  That is asking too much.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Rather amazingly, Mayfield was unrecruited as a 2 yr. starting QB for a state championship high school football team in Texas. Undersized, they said. He grew as a freshman and took over the starting QB job at Texas Tech as a walk-on freshman and won Offensive Player of Year in Big 12. Transferred to OU and played flag football, but not QB. Threw one pass about 50 yards on a trick play for a TD and they kicked him out of the league. Regained his eligibility and here he is.

• Heart 1

I liked the outcome of the game, and was actually impressed with everything after halftime. 

I still think there should have been more of a penalty for that one member of the Jets after he scored a touchdown, wiped his ass with the ball, and threw the ball into the stands. 

5 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I liked the outcome of the game, and was actually impressed with everything after halftime. 

I still think there should have been more of a penalty for that one member of the Jets after he scored a touchdown, wiped his ass with the ball, and threw the ball into the stands. 

Yeah, that was really a class act.