How long do I keep Gray Cat confined?

smudge

I brought Gray Cat to the vet yesterday morning for his neuter appointment. The surgery went well, but he had some post-op bleeding. They washed up his backside. They said to keep an eye open for more bleeding.

He got home and I let him out of the crate. He was wet, so he started washing. Of course he was also cleaning up more blood. When he sat, he would leave a splotch of blood.

They told us he shouldn't be washing there cuz they don't stitch it shut, and he could get an infection from his mouth. So I went to get a cone.

I never did put on the cone. He was cleaned up and no longer bleeding after we got home from errands. I did keep him indoors; he hates that cuz he's an outside guy. He tried a bit to get out the deck door.

out2.jpg.436a39b23cb3748b23e65b4c6f694802.jpg

I think he mostly wanted to get out to do litter box business. He does that outside. He followed me to the basement, and he eventually decided to use that litter box. Yay!! Gray Cat pooped! I think he may have used it earlier for pee; I had cleaned it out that morning, and by evening it had been well used! Anyway, he wasn't so obsessed with going outside after he stunk up the basement.

rest2.thumb.jpg.b334077a1f1032ae5bbbcb25a05478ff.jpg

So he spent last night in the garage. It's a good garage, so he's in no danger of post-op infection in there. His surgery was yesterday, but they want him indoors/contained for three days. Should I make him stay in the garage a couple more nights? Probably, eh?

14 minutes ago, smudge said:

I brought Gray Cat to the vet yesterday morning for his neuter appointment. The surgery went well, but he had some post-op bleeding. They washed up his backside. They said to keep an eye open for more bleeding.

He got home and I let him out of the crate. He was wet, so he started washing. Of course he was also cleaning up more blood. When he sat, he would leave a splotch of blood.

They told us he shouldn't be washing there cuz they don't stitch it shut, and he could get an infection from his mouth. So I went to get a cone.

I never did put on the cone. He was cleaned up and no longer bleeding after we got home from errands. I did keep him indoors; he hates that cuz he's an outside guy. He tried a bit to get out the deck door.

out2.jpg.436a39b23cb3748b23e65b4c6f694802.jpg

I think he mostly wanted to get out to do litter box business. He does that outside. He followed me to the basement, and he eventually decided to use that litter box. Yay!! Gray Cat pooped! I think he may have used it earlier for pee; I had cleaned it out that morning, and by evening it had been well used! Anyway, he wasn't so obsessed with going outside after he stunk up the basement.

rest2.thumb.jpg.b334077a1f1032ae5bbbcb25a05478ff.jpg

So he spent last night in the garage. It's a good garage, so he's in no danger of post-op infection in there. His surgery was yesterday, but they want him indoors/contained for three days. Should I make him stay in the garage a couple more nights? Probably, eh?

Sounds like a plan.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Nip the new pup, caught a mouse today in his kennel.  I think he has been watching Smokey.

Border collies are smart enough to have both cat and dog skills, as well as the skills of trained medical professionals. :nodhead:

• Haha 2