Well That Turned Out Better Than I Thought It Would

ChrisL

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I've been working with one of our high volume high turnover departments on addressing many problems we are having. Bottom line is part of the problem is them, part is my department and part of it looks like it's my dept but it's a parallel agency we coordinate activities with.  

We had some more issues with the parallel agency and the Dept. Manager sent a flame email and her boss, a senior executive who I've never met piled on. He trashed my department and trashed me based on 2nd & 3rd hand information.

So instead of getting in an email war, I tracked his ass down, said hi I'm ChrisL, the guy you sent the email to.  We really need to talk.

Actually had a great discussion! He has a better understanding of the complexities of the issue and all we have done to this point to suooort his team.  I even got an apology for the flame mail, a hearty thank you and a follow up email message sent to all parties on the initial flame mail stating I sought him out, discussed the issues with him and he has a much better understanding and was wrong!

Wow, that hardly ever happens...

Blah, blah, blah.

• Haha 1