Living near fav jogging start/end points

shootingstar

Don't know how I do it but I've lived in 3 major Canadian cities --Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, where I've lived less than 1 km. away from each city's favourite destination for near start/end of major jogging /cycling events. I mean nearly every weekend there is an event.  Several thousand people.  In winter, it dwindles to at least 50-100 people.

So sometimes I have to plot my cycling earlier or later or avoid.  It's ok..and not a big deal.  Just strangely coincidental.

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Seriously...jogging looks so painful to me, longjohn. 

Even when I cycle slow, I'm still ahead.  I know it's wrongful thinking. Anyway, I'm saving my knees.  

Depends.  Clearly if you already have joint issues, not a good plan.  The little research (and it's truly little) does not show there is a significant risk.

I like running and riding both.

• Awesome 1

21 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Depends.  Clearly if you already have joint issues, not a good plan.  The little research (and it's truly little) does not show there is a significant risk.

I have family members who jog or have jogged ie. 5-10 km. each run, run a marathon. They see cycling as a whole lot lesser, even with a damaged knee.

I live near a major shopping center that is marketed as a tourist destination.  The place is an absolute zoo during the holidays.  I also live near the beach so traffic is horribly on weekends from Memorial to Labor Day.  Oh and the County Fair is nearby and for 4 weeks traffic is nuts.

Yeah I live in SoCal but I also live near several destination points so have to plan my travel accordingly given the time of the year or it could take me an hour to travel a few miles.

22 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I have a brother and a sister who both have terrible bone spurs and arthritis like I do. I was the only runner of the three of us and the only one who still does (treadmill) run.

I often blame my running on my arthritis and bone spur but it could be just plane ole genetics.