Good guessing, intuition

shootingstar

About 75% of the time, I can guess within $100.00 or less, daily total revenue that dearie's son takes in for his Toronto little shop.

I have no access to any of the detailed metrics that dearie tracks in accounting system. I just know that Tues is often less than ie. Mondays.  Can't really explain how my guessing happens except I guess with combination of knowing the weather over 3,000 km. east of us, time of year and psychology of what people might do.

Are you good at guessing well at something?  

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I’m good at guessing local business ventures that don’t stand a chance of making a profit. Some people just have to follow there dream. I wish them well but feel bad for what they have coming.

Sometimes that's obvious (set up for failure eventually) and sometimes not. A really successful ice cream shop in town, is located down a back alley entrance..with big enough parking lot (even though it's downtown).  The chutzpah and financial  risk of dreamers is admirable.  In some cases just darn puzzling..after looking at their products (who is gonna pay so much moolah for this xxxxx.)

Another time, we went to a Thai restaurant that was hard to find, because it didn't have a big enough sign tucked in corner of hotel. Hotel by a knot of fast major expressways.  We got abit lost..  Again in town.

19 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Sometimes that's obvious (set up for failure eventually) and sometimes not. A really successful ice cream shop in town, is located down a back alley entrance..with big enough parking lot (even though it's downtown).  The chutzpah and financial  risk of dreamers is admirable.  In some cases just darn puzzling..after looking at their products (who is gonna pay so much moolah for this xxxxx.)

Another time, we went to a Thai restaurant that was hard to find, because it didn't have a big enough sign tucked in corner of hotel. Hotel by a knot of fast major expressways.  We got abit lost..  Again in town.

And names. If you can't tell what the business does by the name, what chance have they got??

My brother and his wife opened a shop that was basically a gift shop. It had some interesting stuff but the location wasn’t great. It did have a great name “Fleeting Moments” our last name is Fleet. The building they were in was sold to Aldis and they moved the shop to a worse location, The was the beginning of the end.

I am always right, so there is no guessing to it. ?

But seriously, the one that stands out in my mind...Had a husband and wife, both about 25 y/o in marital counseling which part of it is seeing them individually. Notice several thing in her developmental history concerning dating, past boyfriends (or lack of) etc, but one thing that stood out was continually skimming over 13-14 y/o. Finally, I didn't ask the question that could falsely deny as part of her coping skills, but used intuition to ask the answer. Specifically, "Is this when you were sexually abused as a child?" Sadly, many therapist will not ask the question even when the current behavioral interactional dynamics suggest the dynamics of Adult Victim of Childhood Sexual Abuse. In this case there was stunned silence, then her reply..."How did you know. I haven't told anyone that before in my life." She was silent about her uncle for 12 years.