I have given up on facebook

Randomguy

38 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I skip over most of Facebook stuff and stop at the good stuff. I block the political crap the best I can.

As do I, but it is there.

30 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Agreed except for cute pictures of other people’s dogs

Yeah, those are cute a lot times, too.

I think it was a few things.  First, it was the stupid political stuff, then I realized that I was spending a lot of time scrolling, and wasn't getting that much out of it.  I also realized that it bummed me out a bit that I wasn't really doing all the fun things that everybody else seems to be doing, and I probably won't be doing for some time.  

I think the forum is a much better place, you get far better interactions and you know everyone's personality in a more in-depth way than you can on something like FB.

• Awesome 1

I never started on it, though I did join to get the free 6 months virus protection they were offering at the time, however the offer had expired, unbeknownst to me till too late - this was years ago. Then when sprog went on her travels last fall we used FB messenger and video calling to stay in touch, so it was very useful indeed. Another upgrade due within the fortnight is a smart phone for me, so I’ll be able to use WhatsApp, so messenger may fall into disuse.

31 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I never started on it, though I did join to get the free 6 months virus protection they were offering at the time, however the offer had expired, unbeknownst to me till too late - this was years ago. Then when sprog went on her travels last fall we used FB messenger and video calling to stay in touch, so it was very useful indeed. Another upgrade due within the fortnight is a smart phone for me, so I’ll be able to use WhatsApp, so messenger may fall into disuse.

I won't delete my account, it is definitely useful for signing on to certain apps.

• Heart 1

...I've been getting Spanish language notices from Facebook for about four years now, for someone who started a page and used my e-mail.

The first couple of times, I ran them through Google translate, but after a while i just started trying to route them to Spam.  Which won't work for some reason doubtless technological and nefarious.

Now I just delete them.:mellow:

I don't interact on FB but I do keep the account to get targeted messages from some businesses,organizations. I also keep it to sign up to get free stuff but that hasn't panned out yet.

Oh yeah, there's this one young woman I like to look at. She's nuts but otherwise attractive. I didn't make her a friend but FB thinks I might like her to be my Freudian friend.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:48 AM, Randomguy said:

I think it was a few things.  First, it was the stupid political stuff, then I realized that I was spending a lot of time scrolling, and wasn't getting that much out of it.  I also realized that it bummed me out a bit that I wasn't really doing all the fun things that everybody else seems to be doing, and I probably won't be doing for some time.  

I nuked my account a few months ago.  There are some things I miss.  The local running club only posts updates on Facebook....  The best of Nextdoor group...  Some people in my family actually have useful posts...  

But, in the end, I quit for the same reasons you did.  

I wish I could sort through all the posts I find on Facebook.  My cousin told me on the phone she sent me a link through Facebook, a couple days before, showing a dog rescue in NC where the guy taking him into a helicopter held on to the frightened dog even though it repeatedly bit him.  I couldn't find her message among the massive amount of crap I had to sort through, so I just googled it.

I have given up on society.. seems to be a lost cause with everyone being offended. If this offends you then you should fill out this form and submit it to SW.CWB2MjmUsAAOnsI.jpg.b22977682a2d3d4b5c17bbee37290d1c.jpg  

After this report is done and submitted. Please feel free to fill out this report and send it to me.

23590aee6e58221a906c7f1d34383bf3.jpg.5e9e90ea0931f11a1b92f4342bb9f972.jpg

• Haha 2