What should I do today?

Randomguy

24 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

The high line?  

The high line is a bit overrated.  It really is nice that it is another use for a space whose original purpose has passed, and the concept is cool.  However, it is overrun by tourists which makes it mostly non-pleasurable, and it really is just a strip of land that is better than it was before, but is not spectacular or give a feeling of space and nature. that you want.  Another tourist draw.

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Central park walk?

Maybe.  

I will do some cleaning here first, though.  One of the perks of not being with feRW is that I don't have to roll around in clutter all the time, she never really cleaned or did dishes right away, and filled every counter and workspace with crap so that it wasn't useable.  I will dust and organize and shower up., and maybe list a couple of things on craigslist that I can sell.  I can also try to get this computer to act like one of more recent vintage somehow.  The one I am using has Vistas as an OS.

I can do the things that Rapunzel does in this video, too:

"Tangled" is really the second best Disney movie, btw, I watch it with RO all the time.   I love this song, btw, it fits perfectly into the mood of the scene, is catchy, and gives ideas of things to do.  Maybe I will also think of things to make for lunch next week.

• Heart 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

No weekly ads?  That seems strange.

Nobody gets a real newspaper these days here, unless they are idiots.  Advertisers realize this and don't do those for the few paper papers they sell.  They probably do them online, but you don't bother, and I will tell you why (and how grocery stores here work).

When I first got to NYC, I asked my buddy Greg where the best grocery store was, and he said they were all shitty, but some less shitty, and you kind of have to figure out which is which.  He was right, btw.

I came back from shopping and said that I must have gone to the wrong one, because everything was so out of line expensive.  He laughed at me and said "In six months, you won't even look at the prices when you buy things anymore".  Again, he was right.

Grocery stores are much smaller here, and more expensive than you could imagine as the property is hugely expensive here.  Also, it isn't like you can just hop in the car and go to another one, because you are on foot, so you have a finite number to choose from, so you are kind of stuck to a certain area once you have bags to carry.  All are expensive, all have some selection you want but not all, so you have to do shopping strategically.  The stores know this and take as much advantage of this as possible.  It is NYC, the ultimate pay to play place.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Nobody gets a real newspaper these days here, unless they are idiots.  Advertisers realize this and don't do those for the few paper papers they sell.  They probably do them online, but you don't bother, and I will tell you why (and how grocery stores here work).

When I first got to NYC, I asked my buddy Greg where the best grocery store was, and he said they were all shitty, but some less shitty, and you kind of have to figure out which is which.  He was right, btw.

I came back from shopping and said that I must have gone to the wrong one, because everything was so out of line expensive.  He laughed at me and said "In six months, you won't even look at the prices when you buy things anymore".  Again, he was right.

Grocery stores are much smaller here, and more expensive than you could imagine as the property is hugely expensive here.  Also, it isn't like you can just hop in the car and go to another one, because you are on foot, so you have a finite number to choose from, so you are kind of stuck to a certain area once you have bags to carry.  All are expensive, all have some selection you want but not all, so you have to do shopping strategically.  The stores know this and take as much advantage of this as possible.  It is NYC, the ultimate pay to play place.

We don't get a paper.  We check the ads on their website.  Although, we have 3 stores to choose from.