Cross Or Mtn Bike???

ChrisL

I plan to get some rides in around Blue Diamond/Red Rock area of Vegas.  I don't think I'll have time to explore new  trails so am thinking of riding the RedRock loop and some of the light trails, areas I know and are 60% road. 

But... there looks to be some nice trails at Blue Diamond and if I bring my cross bike then that's a no go. It's probably a 60% chance I won't do Blue Diamond anyway just due to time.

My cross bike is also easier to pack in my car and as I'll need to leave it in my car for 3 days so I'd rather lose my crosser than Anthem should someone break in and steal it.  I can also fit my crosser in the trunk with both wheels off so it's out of view.

Seems like a no brainer right? But damn I want to bring the Anthem...  What should I do?!??? 

30 minutes ago, smudge said:

You want to bring the Anthem. Bring the Anthem. You'll be disappointed if you bring the other bike. Make the time for Blue Diamond. You'll be disappointed if you don't (because you sound like you really want to go there.)

Here is my dilemma.  I have absolutely nothing I have to do mon & tues but since my company is paying for me to go, I feel obligated to attend the sessions.  My boss is meeting me Wed with two of our vendors so I really can do what I want the first two days.  

Highs are in the high 90's which is doable for me but I'd probably go early.

Just now, MickinMD said:

Take the one that will give you the biggest choice of options: take the Anthem and a tarp to cover it in the car.

Pretty much what I did. Packed the Anthem and a cable so if someone wants to take it they gotta cut the seatbelt too.   surprisingly hard to find something to put a cable through in a car.