Why are non political threads moved to p&r

maddmaxx

23 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That’s fine. But don’t bemoan people not following rules if you’re not actually disciplining people when they break them. 

People will not follow the rules regardless.  It's a little frustrating for me.  I am not a corporation.  I am not trying to make money from this site (due to the nature of many posts, I can't have ads).  I pay for everything here (some kind people contribute).  I get a lot of grief, especially when people try really hard to act like jerks.  I can see fighting the big bad Rodale's of the world, or fill in the blank for the company your rail against, but I am not them.  I'm just a guy trying to make a nice place for people to communicate and there are always a few who need to be jerks.  Some have been banned.  Some get warned and then act out.  Others just leave because they don't like all the drama.

I don't ask for much, really, I don't.  Just be civil.

I understand your position Wheels but I'm going to add one more take on the situation before I stop beating a dead house.  I understand that someone added a political post to a non political thread about online vendors not delivering on time and what the response should be.  IMO the offending post should have been hidden and the poster told to stop doing that.  In the meantime however the original poster gets punished by having the thread dropped into P&R where, as we know, for the normal good people of the forum it is effectively dead.  

That was my situation as I arrived one day looking for my thread only to find that it had been quarantined.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I understand your position Wheels but I'm going to add one more take on the situation before I stop beating a dead house.  I understand that someone added a political post to a non political thread about online vendors not delivering on time and what the response should be.  IMO the offending post should have been hidden and the poster told to stop doing that.  In the meantime however the original poster gets punished by having the thread dropped into P&R where, as we know, for the normal good people of the forum it is effectively dead.  

That was my situation as I arrived one day looking for my thread only to find that it had been quarantined.

Yeah - I've had it happen or almost happen a few times. Certain folks will roll straight to political nonsense causing the thread to get moved but also not "following" it there.  Real fun :wacko:  

I get it when a thread organically "turns" and just goes that way, but when it is the same few people who do it on purpose, it seems the forum is punishing the victim, rewarding the villain :D and actually making it more likely to happen again.

Tom

13 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Point taken, will try to consider this the next time.

• Heart 1

On 9/27/2018 at 7:09 AM, maddmaxx said:

Maybe if you are willing to venture into P&R you could retrieve a picture of it before the derailment and give it another go.  A lot of work but a thought.  And it would take multiple pictures or a lot of shrinking to make it fit.