Sunday, what'd you do?

goldendesign

Worked out at the gym, went looking for shoes with a neighbor and was very disappointed at the discount place...very little in my size...then we had lunch and picked up a few groceries....trying to motivate to cook now...a beautiful fall day temps got to the 70's but we will be cooling off tomorrow or Tuesday....

Rainy day here. Wo7 and I went to First Watch for breakfast. Came home and signed up for Sling TV to watch sporting events on the telly. Watched Washington beat the Packers and cooked a pizza at the half. Drank a Ruination and a Duckpin (a pale ale from B-more).  Nap listening to the rain. Watching Sunday Night baseball, Red Sox at Cleveland. Cooked some popcorn on the stove for dinner. 

...I went to the Sunday farmers market, then put the color coat on an 80's Atala bike I'm painting.  

I'm going with a subtle fishnet design in silver and white, so it was a little tedious tying on the netting for a mask.

This evening I watched something highly political on TV, that I had recorded earlier.  I can only talk to @Wilbur about it, for obvious reasons.:ph34r: 

But it was very current and politically charged with tension.:popcorn: Chuck Todd was on the edge of his chair. That's all I can say.:default_sissy-fight-smiley:

• Haha 2

Took bus to Whistler from Vancouver with our bikes..which meant getting up early in morning.  Good thing it rained on bus route up to there. Then it stopped raining. After eating strawberry-rhubarb turnovers from farmers' market, we went to a large art gallery of northwest coast Indian art and then biked around on the paths. Looks so different from...15 yrs. ago. Olympic Winter emblems, etc. Then supper where towards end, we wolfed down our dessert before leaving restaurant in hurry to catch bus back to Vancouver in evening.  Beautiful red, gold fall colour up there now.  Good time of yr. to go since crowds are less insane.

Yes, have photos if I can get the card reader to behave.

6 hours ago, No One said:

...I went to the Sunday farmers market, then put the color coat on an 80's Atala bike I'm painting.  

I'm going with a subtle fishnet design in silver and white, so it was a little tedious tying on the netting for a mask.

This evening I watched something highly political on TV, that I had recorded earlier.  I can only talk to @Wilbur about it, for obvious reasons.:ph34r: 

But it was very current and politically charged with tension.:popcorn: Chuck Todd was on the edge of his chair. That's all I can say.:default_sissy-fight-smiley:

tumblr_inline_ovreskXeNG1v7toar_540.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, goldendesign said:

Grandparents had a much needed granddaughter time and allowed WoGolden, SisoGolden, and I to go-to the Tampa Bay Lightning fan fest.

This year was better than previous years. Better food, usually they have simple faire, hotdogs and chicken tenders at all the food stations. This year they had all the restaurants open so fish dish for wife, BBQ for me, and a grilled chicken salad for the sister. Yum!

Practice and scrimmage was good fun, the young players were hamming it up and even some of the super serious veterans were having fun with the fans. Got some great pictures with players and quite a few new autographs. 9800 people was the total fan count. Not bad for a glorified practice with cheerleaders.IMG_20180923_132143.thumb.jpg.f5007fe6a9e1f294fc15061991c14cfa.jpgIMG_20180923_141144.thumb.jpg.4450aac5c012d4d76678eb2307735037.jpgIMG_20180923_140411.thumb.jpg.c3f4bf91f9d7bbfb25b26e0966816275.jpg

How was your Sunday?

I have tickets to the Lightning game Nov 13th.

• Heart 1

It was a chilly rainy day, good for puttering around the house.  I spent some more time straightening up my workshop in the basement - emptied some boxes and made some more room (which surely will be filled back up).

I replaced the power cord on my electric drill - the old one was deteriorated to the point where the last time I used it I got a little bit of a jolt.  While I was at it I also repaired the power cord on my circular saw (don't ask).  

I went grocery shopping and for dinner I roasted a chicken, and a pan of potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips and mushrooms.

No bike ride Sunday but I did do a couple sets of bench presses.  My legs are still feeling Saturday's ride.

For the first time this season I spent a little time Sunday afternoon watching football.  I can never get into watching football until we get "football weather".

I slept alot.  Got to Camp Wisdom on Friday afternoon and prepped dinner for 400.  Got kitchen clean and ready for breakfast at around 10:45.  In bed around 11:30

Sat AM was up at 5:30 to cook breakfast for 400, then clean up and prep for lunch.  Cooked lunch for 1300, served it in camp at the activity center, then went back to dining hall to prep for dinner.  

Cooked dinner for 750, then cleaned dishes and kitchen, in bed by 11ish again.

Up on Sunday AM to serve cold breakfast, then do final clean up on kitchen. 

Out of camp by 10 am and home by 11 AM.  Showered, napped, watched football, napped some more, dinner, then off to bed early.