W the actual F

Prophet Zacharia

3 hours ago, goldendesign said:

Seems Scott Hartnell has found his way back to the Flyers. ?

It's not Hartnell, he's upright on his skates

Flyers are taking a beating on this today.  Not just the hideous being, but the name, too.  Already the local populace has replaced the "Gr" with a "SH".

This organization has been really good for many years in decisions like this, I can't understand how in the world this happened.  I think someone in the Penguins organization has been putting LSD in the Flyers' HVAC system.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Do hockey teams even have mascots?  I never watch, but I also never noticed one.

Tom

Yes. The Capitals have “Slapshot”, an Eagle. The Penguins have “Ice Burch”, a Penguin. Winnipeg had a moose, LA a lion, Montreal has recycled “Youppi” from the Expos, Florida has both a Panther AND a rat mascot, etc.

26 minutes ago, 12string said:

It's not Hartnell, he's upright on his skates

Flyers are taking a beating on this today.  Not just the hideous being, but the name, too.  Already the local populace has replaced the "G" with a "SH".

This organization has been really good for many years in decisions like this, I can't understand how in the world this happened.  I think someone in the Penguins organization has been putting LSD in the Flyers' HVAC system.

Shritty? That still sucks. ;)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Yes. The Capitals have “Slapshot”, an Eagle. The Penguins have “Ice Burch”, a Penguin. Winnipeg had a moose, LA a lion, Montreal has recycled “Youppi” from the Expos, Florida has both a Panther AND a rat mascot, etc.

Don't forget the lovable ThunderBug!

Image result for thunderbug

4 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Milwaukee Admirals has one called Roscoe. My son was friends with the guys daughter, so every game he would come down to see us. He even got me on a zamboni ride. 

162810_1744922590657_2898328_n.jpg

I want to ride on the zamboni 

29 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Don't you miss the cold and the snow?

More then ever.. I rode a motorcycle up in Wi until the roads got slick.. here it is year round and I don't need carhearts at all. It might dip to the low 20's max.. just a little chilly, but ya ought to see the people here think the world is ending.

We are heading to Ohio for Christmas to see family. I hope it snows so I can go sledding again :)

• Heart 1

Article in USA Today regarding the birth of Gritty

"There's always negative kickback at first and these days, it's just more of a negative-based environment," Raymond says. The Flyers embraced it all, he said.

"They went up there with no armor on and just said, 'Shoot me.' And then they deflected the negativity with humor. It was perfect."

The team didn't have to wait two months for sentiment to turn in their favor. Once the national media and comedians pounced, Philadelphia and Flyers fans rallied around Gritty as one of theirs.

The municipal embrace fits the city's' manta as coined by Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce during his Super Bowl parade speech: "No one likes us. We don’t care."

• 2 weeks later...