I should be working but I'm slacking.

Dottleshead

I have a bunch of bugs to verify and test.  I don't give a rip though.  Company moved my department to India after 7 years and I'm now supposed to pick up the shit -- and I don't wanna do it.  In the meantime, they are reassigning us to a new position but still no news from the top.  I took a vacation and then took it easy last week before taking off for the weekend.  Now I just feel like taking off.  So I'm being professional in the sense I am doing bare minimum w/o the stigma of being a slacker.  But you and I both know I am slacking.  I am slacking big time.  I am also working from home.  This could be a good time for me to go play video games.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

So are you looking around for other work?

A work colleague was a technical lead for his oil and gas firm.  They outsourced his division to India.  He was the last person let go.  Then he joined our organization 6 months later..so he didn't do too badly.

I have a contact working for the Devil that I can call if things get bad.  But my skills are not where they need to be so if I'm to hit the open market and command the salary I want without my life being literal hell -- I need about 3 full days to ramp up my skills.  My loose plan is to get reassigned to another department, get my coding skills back into shape, and then move on.  But I may end up liking my move so plans can change at any time as new data comes in.  Maybe I stay there but this seems unlikely.  Likewise, they could just shit can me and give me a severance -- which I'd jump on immediately.  The point is, I need more time to get my interview skills back up to where they need to be.  I would prefer to have some 'designated' time to do that.  I'm getting older now and don't like the idea of burning the candle on both ends of the stick.

And if they find some BS reason to shit can me, I sue them or sell my house and collect unemployment while I live at my mother in laws house.  Stop laughing.  That's not the Devil contact I have.  It's another one.