Torture

late

I watch Youtube videos. I like the Buzzfeed videos where they eat three different things at 3 different price points. So I was just watching one, and I liked the look of the Mah De Zar (sp) bakery in NYC. I need to go down there sometime to visit my nephew.

Genius that I am (read idiot) I decided to start a list of great places to eat in NYC, and naturally started with pizza. I just looked at several of NYC's best pizza places.

Did I mention I'm on a diet?

I'm going to have to eat something now.

3 hours ago, goldendesign said:

Go here: Simit Sarayi  you and your soon to be failed diet will thank you.

Love it. When I was a kid, I watched a great heist movie that took place in Turkey, I've wanted to go there since then. The right time never popped up, but maybe this will do as a substitute.

When I get there, I plan on unleashing my inner beasty. The beast got a standing ovation in an all you can eat restaurant once...

https://ny.eater.com/maps/best-new-york-restaurants-38-map

8 minutes ago, late said:

Turkey, I've wanted to go there since then.

Wife is Turkish and has her immediate/extended family there. They live in Ankara and have houses in Adana and Istanbul. The food is to die for! Whenever her mom comes over to the states she spends maybe 40% of her total time here cooking for us. She does everything is super bulk, freezable packages. She left in March and I still have a whole chest freezer full of Manti, Kibbeh, Dolma and a few other savories.

BTW, since your in NYC and a foodie you should try Inakaya. I was up in NY last christmas time and had a very open food expense from Tiffany's. I don't think they understood I would utilize that more than any other perk while on business there. I must of ate my 4 days through most of that list you had and many others but one of my more memorable was at Inakaya. I had arrived around 2 in the afternoon and nothing to do for some hours. I settled down at the bar and worked my way through the Omakase ($70) chef selected sushi course and the Inakaya 12 course dinner ($150), seems the Inakaya usually is a 6 course but for Christmas time they offered an extended sampling. They were great, the head chef came over and started talking to me about each course and their origins over cups of amazing tea. It was like a tuesday so they weren't incredibly busy. We had a blast as I stuffed my face. I think I left there close to 10 at night and missed the last train back to NJ so I had to hire a car for the 45 min drive back to Parsipanny. All in all I billed to my expenses over $400 just for one meal expense for one person! It was fun.

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Wife is Turkish and has her immediate/extended family there. They live in Ankara and have houses in Adana and Istanbul. The food is to die for! Whenever her mom comes over to the states she spends maybe 40% of her total time here cooking for us. She does everything is super bulk, freezable packages. She left in March and I still have a whole chest freezer full of Manti, Kibbeh, Dolma and a few other savories.

BTW, since your in NYC and a foodie you should try Inakaya. I was up in NY last christmas time and had a very open food expense from Tiffany's. I don't think they understood I would utilize that more than any other perk while on business there. I must of ate my 4 days through most of that list you had and many others but one of my more memorable was at Inakaya. I had arrived around 2 in the afternoon and nothing to do for some hours. I settled down at the bar and worked my way through the Omakase ($70) chef selected sushi course and the Inakaya 12 course dinner ($150), seems the Inakaya usually is a 6 course but for Christmas time they offered an extended sampling. They were great, the head chef came over and started talking to me about each course and their origins over cups of amazing tea. It was like a tuesday so they weren't incredibly busy. We had a blast as I stuffed my face. I think I left there close to 10 at night and missed the last train back to NJ so I had to hire a car for the 45 min drive back to Parsipanny. All in all I billed to my expenses over $400 just for one meal expense for one person! It was fun.

I love Japanese food. That's way over our usual budget, but we'll have one splurge, and that goes on that list.

You gave me an idea, I am going to look for a place that does Japanese home cooking.

Have you ever been here?:

http://benemon.nyc/

On 9/24/2018 at 7:09 PM, late said:

I watch Youtube videos. I like the Buzzfeed videos where they eat three different things at 3 different price points. So I was just watching one, and I liked the look of the Mah De Zar (sp) bakery in NYC. I need to go down there sometime to visit my nephew.

Genius that I am (read idiot) I decided to start a list of great places to eat in NYC, and naturally started with pizza. I just looked at several of NYC's best pizza places.

Did I mention I'm on a diet?

I'm going to have to eat something now.

Pure genius.

28 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Pure genius.

Basic research skills being used for diet suicide....

I'm trying to keep myself from googling more, best bakery in NYC, best steak, best sushi, etc.

Somewhat oddly, I tried googling Portuguese restaurants, and was disappointed. So I  tried Boston, and that looks promising.

Did you ever see Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?

15 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Why is this torture?????  I find thinking about food and then eating it to be pretty much the opposite of torture.

Tom

Most times when I try to cut out wheat, I look down and see a few crumbs. Pizza, cake, doesn't matter. It's gone. The cravings aren't as bad this time, but it's a struggle.