Awesome Freaking Ride!!!!!

ChrisL

6 minutes ago, smudge said:

So very glad you rode there. You really seemed to want to ride it. Glad you had a tour guide!

There is no way I could have figured that ride out on my own and probably would have done a 6 mile out & back had he not shown me.  There were numerous trail splits and I wouldn't have had a clue where to go.  I don't even know what trails we rode, I was just following his wheel.  

At one point he said did you see the burros? Nope. Really, they were like 10' off the trail!!!  

The rock gardens were just gnarly and took all of my focus & energy. And there were a lot of them, like 75% of the ride.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

There's nothing like that around here.  I'd leave the road to ride a place like that.  Maybe never go back to the road.

I enjoy off road much more these days. My wife won't ride off road and since her crash a few years ago  won't ride if I don't go with her (although she insists she will she always backs out if I don't go with her). 

@Dirtyhip Is better at expressing the stoke of mountain biking but it's real.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

There's nothing like that around here.  I'd leave the road to ride a place like that.  Maybe never go back to the road.

The west is calling you. 

I can hop on a trail just one block from my apt. There is so much singletrack at my fingertips. It is awesome. 

In the winter, some of it gets groomed for fatbiking. 

• Heart 1
  • Envious 1

10 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I enjoy off road much more these days. My wife won't ride off road and since her crash a few years ago  won't ride if I don't go with her (although she insists she will she always backs out if I don't go with her). 

@Dirtyhip Is better at expressing the stoke of mountain biking but it's real.

Off road is about all I've been doing the past couple years. Way too much fun. :)