Cooking with RG....aka Cheese bait...

petitepedal

I saw this, or something close to it years ago, and I thought that would have been fun to do with the quarrelsome ex's daughter when she was younger, so I stuck it in the back of my head.  It fell out yesterday.

RO had a blast!  I always make sure I describe why we are doing something and how and let her "cook" everything, with some guidance.  She stands on a step stool and stirs and adds spices.  It is always fun when she decides that something "needs just a pinch more oregano" and tosses it in with a flourish.

• Heart 4

13 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I love her style.  polka dots, stripes and a tutu

Nothing matters to kids in that department.  I didn't dress her by the way, I am sure she mostly picked her own clothes.

It was a fun day.  I didn't know what to do with her, then remembered that I had some ride tickets for the kiddie park at Coney Island that I had bought earlier in the summer, so we went there, before we came back and cooked and watched tv.

The pic is from the roller coaster, it so nice that she loves the coaster!

BEA1C7D7-2231-44CC-A2F4-26EF9BEBB89D.jpeg

• Heart 3

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

She is after all, a New York City fashionista!  

I guess that is a thing.  NYC ladies do seem to have incredible style and beauty.  Another reason I would not fit in.  Much of my clothes are cheap, and I tend to buy used things.  I like to call them vintage, but whatever.  No fancy haircuts. 

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I guess that is a thing.  NYC ladies do seem to have incredible style and beauty.  Another reason I would not fit in.  Much of my clothes are cheap, and I tend to buy used things.  I like to call them vintage, but whatever.  No fancy haircuts. 

Believe me, you would fit right in. 

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

I have noticed from the beginnings of her style evolution. I don't know if she dresses herself, or if Mom or Dad does that.  

My aunt sends much of her clothing,  hand me downs from my cousins Abby and Hannah. Hannah is one year older and Abby is 2 1/2 years older. It is nice to get a box every now and then!

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I honestly think that is not true.  I am too countryfied now.  My town seems to be getting too big.  Really looking forward to a town of 3K population.  I would look at everything like this in NYC:  :blink:  

You know what?  People mostly don't notice or care how you are dressed here.  You have to remember that people from all over the country and world come here, people from all walks of life.  They all bring whatever look they have, and it is all good.

When I have RO, I dress for mobility and in versatile clothes I don't care get ruined.  T-shirt and cargo pants as a base, maybe shorts in summer (RIP), dark colors.  We play in the playground and park, she drops food on me, etc.  

21 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You know what?  People mostly don't notice or care how you are dressed here.  You have to remember that people from all over the country and world come here, people from all walks of life.  They all bring whatever look they have, and it is all good.

When I have RO, I dress for mobility and in versatile clothes I don't care get ruined.  T-shirt and cargo pants as a base, maybe shorts in summer (RIP), dark colors.  We play in the playground and park, she drops food on me, etc.  

So, it isn't like a Sex and City episode?  :)