Peugeot shows off new electric bicycles at Paris Motor Show

Page Turner

...can we all agree that when Peugeot becomes a major electric bike producer, things have gone too far ?

IMG_2145.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1000

Peugeot’s affordable retro electric bicycle

For those that like looking at these Peugeot electric bicycles but find them a bit too rich for your blood, look no further than Peugeot’s retro-styled ELC01.

The ELC01 is the affordable member of Peugeot’s electric bicycle family. It features a rear rack mounted battery and front mounted Bafang hub motor.

Despite its low €1,399 entry price, it still packs some nice features, such as hydraulic disc brakes, integrated lighting and a charmingly retro sounding bell. The chromed accents and combination of classic and modern Peugeot logos give the bike its signature mix of retro and modern feel. And if the bright orange is not your style, don’t fret. You can get it in more muted colors too

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I thought Peugeot got out of bikes in the late 80's?

I lusted after the late 70's Peugeot racing bikes, the PY10 maybe?  The checker board on white... 

...yeah. Almost everyone I knew had a UO-8 with the Aztec lugs as their first 10 speed.

And we all lusted after PX-10's, because we thought that was what the Peugeot team riders were racing on.

Turns out those guys were all riding on repainted Italian one offs, that only looked like PX-10's on the surface. :angry:

PX-10 (Prugnat) 001.JPG

• Heart 1