Is there a word that you cannot say?

Parr8hed

Truthfully I have a hard time pronouncing a few words. Or maybe I have a strange way of saying it. I've always said it these ways and don't see myself changing even with ridicule and people forcing the "correct" pronunciation.

Ambulance = Am-bi-lance

Animals = Ah-ni-mals

Maybe Im friggin weird.

• Heart 1

I once had a chemistry student who could not pronounce "aluminum."

I asked her if she could say "alum" and she could.  I then showed her two beakers and said, "We put alum in 'em."

Asked her what we did with the beakers and she repeated, "We put alum in 'em."

Then it hit her that she had almost said aluminum.  So the tried the sentence again, making the "u" in "alum" long.  She used that trick to say the word after that.

20 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Was she British?

I had an Indian professor who pronounced “vitamins” as “why-tay-mins”. She also referred to diagrams as “cartoons”. I saw no humor in her cartoons. 

Most Euros say "amuleenium" instead a aluminum.  They call the speedometer a "speed o meter" too.  That's how my Dutch family says it & to this day it makes me chuckle.

Not answering your question exactly but there are words I choose or try to not say, or rather, to miss-say or miss pronounce deliberately, or say in a dialect that is amusing to me, e.g. saying or writing axe for ask, just cracks me up when dumbass illiterates say that, so I want to send them up, and sound like them; another fave is saying book and cook to rhyme with Suk, as a Lancastrian does, that is so sweet, and Northern, and they don’t even know you’re taking the rise out of em, so it’s a win win.