I'm ok with never doing that again

BR46

19 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Probably still had summer air in there instead of fall air.  Rookie mistake.

It's in the mid 90s here today. The tire is getting repaired so we will find out what caused the tire to go flat. 

So much wit and sympathy here only the Cafe could get away with, it makes me glad my rib cracking bike crash predates its existence. Bad luck BR and good escape. I once had a blowout on a 19mm front tyre on a new (to me) racing bike on a very steep downhill 90 degree left turn in  Staffordshire’s finest stone walled countryside, steering was unpossible, ahead was the option, braking was possible, and luckily there was a neglected olde lane and field entrance ahead, and nothing coming up the hill in the other lane: death dodged, but pants filled and heart stopped, Oh Yes.

• Heart 3

15 hours ago, pedalphile said:

So much wit and sympathy here only the Cafe could get away with, it makes me glad my rib cracking bike crash predates its existence. Bad luck BR and good escape. I once had a blowout on a 19mm front tyre on a new (to me) racing bike on a very steep downhill 90 degree left turn in  Staffordshire’s finest stone walled countryside, steering was unpossible, ahead was the option, braking was possible, and luckily there was a neglected olde lane and field entrance ahead, and nothing coming up the hill in the other lane: death dodged, but pants filled and heart stopped, Oh Yes.

I once hit a brick that was sitting on the road in the dark, downhill with a slight right hand bend to the road. I don’t really know how I managed to keep it upright with two flat tyres (and a damaged wheel set). But that was the end of that predawn ride.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1