Man Down!!!

ChrisL

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

So now I got to ride up a freaking steep technical hill with cold legs, strike a pedal on a root, ricochet off a fence and dump it.  Mother fracker so I walk that section and press on...

You can imagine our disappointment after that harrowing encounter and your heroic efforts -- to read this last sentence.

• Heart 1

My post was getting long but there was a funny moment.

As I'm riding up the hill before the guy fell I pass a fireman in his fire t shirt, shorts and running shoes with a radio.  I say hello, he says hey and I tell him hey I hope you get to enjoy the walk. 

So after the kid calls 911 I tell him hey there is a fireman coming up the hill, see if you can find him.  He comes back a few minutes later and says he couldn't find him.

So fire dept arrives and I see the guy who was walking up the hill in his gear all sweaty and I said man I jinxed you... He says yeah I was wondering if the guy in the pink shoes fell... ?????

Im thinking to myself  son of a  bitch, my shoes are freaking orange dammit!!!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Just finished riding the Fullerton Loop which isn't very technical but the lack of gnar causes people to ride it too fast and there are numerous biffs.  I've seen 3 since I've been riding it.

So I just created a hill and am going down but it's a saddle so you gotta go back up. At the bottom of the hill there is a dude splayed out and his buddy is talking to him.  

I stop and ask if he's OK and the guy is like I think so but damn my nuts hurt.  I ask him  his name and do a quick assessment and ask if he can move his legs and he says yeah. So I have him roll on his back and I see a huge pool of blood in the dirt. I notice his black shorts are drenched in blood and it's going down his leg.

I tell the guy I'm trained in 1st aid, can I help? He says yeah sure so I tell him dude I gotta look at your junk as your bleeding pretty good.  The guy says sure and so I pull his shorts down and there is a 3" deep laceration beside his nut sack and deep red blood is gushing out of it.  I ask his buddy if he has a towel or shirt or anything.  He gives me his tshirt and puts his jacket on and I apply pressure to it. 

I then tell buddy to call 911 but first check his mapping app and find out where we are. He does and at that time two pedestrians walk up, offer to help so I ask them to stand about 20' up hill and slow down bikers.  (OK maybe the mtn bike community ain't that great as about 5 people rode on by...) I sat with him applying pressure while he called his mom to tell her what was going on. Fortunately he didn't go into shock.

Paramadecs arrived about 15 minutes later, assessed the wound, checked his BP and immediately hit him with an IV. I'm guessing he lost a lot of blood.  When they removed the shirt it stared spurting and oozing again. They took over and one of the paramedics took me to their truck as I was up to my wrists in the dudes blood.

The paramedics took the dude away, the fire dept took his bike to the fire house and buddy thanked my and rides back to the car.

So now I got to ride up a freaking steep technical hill with cold legs, strike a pedal on a root, ricochet off a fence and dump it.  Mother fracker so I walk that section and press on...

Well done sir.  Thank you

• Heart 1