Is epoxy a good gift

Airehead

30 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Aren't you moving soon?

Yes so this is for the new floor  we will likely have a spell of homelessness in between the current house and the new house  

16 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My neighbor did it and he loves the result.  He's a tinkerer and a neat freak so it suits him.  Another neighbor put down these rubber squares and it turned out nice too.

I was thinking maybe mats but what if snow water gets under and the salt eats the cement?

19 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Epoxy floors are great......so long as the concrete is done settling and won't crack.  I don't know if new construction concrete has to age a bit before the floor goes on,.

Good question. I know the barn floor has to cure before the padding and mats can be placed. 

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Yes so this is for the new floor  we will likely have a spell of homelessness in between the current house and the new house  

I was thinking maybe mats but what if snow water gets under and the salt eats the cement?

Dunno, doesn't snow much here! ?

16 hours ago, 2Far said:

I did mine myself with the kit from Lowe's. New floor, Etched it with muriatic first, rinsed & let it dry. Easy-peasy. 11 years later it still looks very good. 

PSA: don't install it in August in Atlanta. 

Hmm - tempting, but muriatic acid?  Homey don't play dat. :D