Some stream of consciousness thoughts.

Further

24 minutes ago, Further said:

It's been close to 3 years since I was on a motorcycle. That ride ended badly.

Immediately after the crash I was ready to climb back on. The rehab took way longer than I expected, and with every passing day I grew more scared. Decided not to ride anymore. My wife depends on me, when I'm laid up it effects more than me.

Bicycling and running just aren't lighting my fire, when I push I pull some damn muscle and end up in worse shape than before, and I tend to push.

Wife has been pushing me to get another bike. I think I have been showing some signs of depression.  

Anyway, I pulled the trigger, get the bike tomorrow, and right now I'm peeing my pants a bit from excitement  

You sound like you need an ebike, not a motorcycle.

Tom

Just now, Razors Edge said:

You sound like you need an ebike, not a motorcycle.

Tom

A day's ride is 8 to 10 hours and 3 to 4 hundred miles, with a lot of elevation. 

If I'm going to ride a bicycle I'm the motor. I hope to get my bicycle jones back again. We'll see.

5 minutes ago, Further said:

A day's ride is 8 to 10 hours and 3 to 4 hundred miles, with a lot of elevation. 

If I'm going to ride a bicycle I'm the motor. I hope to get my bicycle jones back again. We'll see.

ANYBODY can ride a motorcycle or a car for 8-10 hours and 300-400 miles with a lot of elevation.

Do half the time and a quarter the distance on an ebike or a regular bike.

Tom

1 minute ago, Further said:

Ever ride a motorcycle ? 

Sure. And a moped. And a regular bike. Just waiting for the ebike experience. 

But seriously, just tell me what you want to hear.  I got that you are ready to drive a motorcycle 8-10 hours and 300-400 miles with a lot of elevation, but that's about all I got.  I am just putting forth the ride a bike idea as this is a bicycling forum.  I'm happy you got your motorcycle (just like I am happy jsharr got his pimp mobile and petite eventually found her Subaru(?)), but if you give me a choice of bicycling or motorcycling, I'm picking bicycling 99 times out of 100. 

Now, commuting a longer distance by motorcycle and using the HOV & HOT lanes for free does have huge appeal.

Tom

• Heart 1

I'm in the same boat.

This time of year, I make lists of really good buys on motorcycles in Craigslist. Been doing that for a few years, but I never buy. My father raced cars, he crashed during his retirement, never really recovered.

I'd like to get back out there riding the bike, but I seem to run into a wall of woe when I do.

I've lost 10 pounds on the Keto thing, but I'm stuck.

I can feel things inside getting better, but the progress is positively glacial.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Further said:

Anyway, I pulled the trigger, get the bike tomorrow, and right now I'm peeing my pants a bit from excitement 

Now, that’s the kind of talk we want to hear. Get out there and ride the wheels off that thing while keeping t’rubber side down? 

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Sometimes you have to help @jsharr out a bit.  I'm sure he'll thank you when he thinks of it.

I was doing it for Further. I was dickish in my earlier posts about his new motorcycle (no one was surprised), so I figured a small gesture to clear his name would be a nice idea.

Tom

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I was dickish in my earlier posts about his new motorcycle

I was going to mention that.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

so I figured a small gesture to clear his name would be a nice idea.

Keep trying.  You have a ways to go.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I was doing it for Further. I was dickish in my earlier posts about his new motorcycle (no one was surprised), so I figured a small gesture to clear his name would be a nice idea.

Tom

You were being dickish?  Did you think you were me or something?