Terrible Tuesday

Kzoo

Whelp I have an eye doctor appointment in three hours. Not looking forward to it. I failed one of the tests three months ago and the doctor thinks it was because my eyelids are drooping. This time they are going to tape my eyelids open, eww. I’m also due for the super dialation where they attach the microscope to my eyeball and look at all kind of stuff they seem very concerned about. Max probably has had all these tests. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Got some dishes done this morning that didn't get done after the "bored" meeting last night..froze a container of blueberries..from the mega container I purchased on the weekend..

Waiting for heavy rain here..LOL 4 to 6 inches of SNOW in north western MN :frantics: but they tell us warmer temps are due back...We are in a flood watch and have had 8 or 9 days of cloudy skies...

We need sunshine :cheerleader:We need sunshine  :cheerleader:   We need sunshine  :cheerleader:

We need sunshine :cheerleader:We need sunshine  :cheerleader:   We need sunshine  :cheerleader:

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Got some dishes done this morning that didn't get done after the "bored" meeting last night..froze a container of blueberries..from the mega container I purchased on the weekend..

Waiting for heavy rain here..LOL 4 to 6 inches of SNOW in north western MN :frantics: but they tell us warmer temps are due back...We are in a flood watch and have had 8 or 9 days of cloudy skies...

You don’t need sunshine Miss Ilovecoldweather. Just enjoy your cold wet dark and dreary weather and be glad it’snot hot and sunny.

• Whatever 1

17 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Whelp I have an eye doctor appointment in three hours. Not looking forward to it. I failed one of the tests three months ago and the doctor thinks it was because my eyelids are drooping. This time they are going to tape my eyelids open, eww. I’m also due for the super dialation where they attach the microscope to my eyeball and look at all kind of stuff they seem very concerned about. Max probably has had all these tests. 

Oh yes.  Gluing the lens to the eye doesn't hurt during the procedure.  Later in the day your eyes will be sore from all the micro scratches and abuse and having the eye drops wear off.  You will need someone to drive for you as bright light for the next few hours after the procedure will be painful.  Take the darkest dark glasses you own just for the ride home.  I screwed up just once and went without a driver.  On the trip home I took back roads, navigating by the gap in the overhead trees above the road.  I was terrified that if I encountered a cyclist on the country roads I never would have seen them.  That was an experience never to be repeated.

Good luck with the tests.  Your actual grade doesn't matter as it's a pass/fail.

• Awesome 1

They do that test once a year with the glue, the other times during the year are just the computer tests and the normal dialation that everyone gets where the eye doctor looks in you’re eye with the magnifier he wears like eyeglasses.

I had to stop mid-post because my vision went blurry and I couldn’t read. That’snot A good sign.

I have a pair of safety glasses that they gave me at work when I came into work straight from the superdialation thing. They are what I would wear when using the cutting torch, very dark but not welding shield dark. I always bring them when I go to the eye doctor. They never tell me not to drive but it is painful even with the cutting torch glasses. 

I can predict the weather with my eye appointments. They make them three months in advance and it is always clear skies and bright sunshine when I leave the exam.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

They do that test once a year with the glue, the other times during the year are just the computer tests and the normal dialation that everyone gets where the eye doctor looks in you’re eye with the magnifier he wears like eyeglasses.

I had to stop mid-post because my vision went blurry and I couldn’t read. That’snot A good sign.

I have a pair of safety glasses that they gave me at work when I came into work straight from the superdialation thing. They are what I would wear when using the cutting torch, very dark but not welding shield dark. I always bring them when I go to the eye doctor. They never tell me not to drive but it is painful even with the cutting torch glasses. 

I can predict the weather with my eye appointments. They make them three months in advance and it is always clear skies and bright sunshine when I leave the exam.

I've had the lens done a number of times.  There's the exam lens to look at the retina to inspect the former sites of the surgery to repair the separations and lately to look closely at the optic nerve to see how much damage is being done by the glaucoma.  Then there is the lens used to focus the laser on the retina for the repair surgery.  In the later, the lens and it's residual pain is the least of your worries.  The spot welds dominate the pain formula then.

I've learned to wear old shirts as the yellow dye in the super drops will not wash out.

• Awesome 1

Another dreary day here. Rain since Sunday. Supposed to continue for a couple more. Maybe a break on Thursday before it rains and maybe snows this weekend!

Setting up PCs for a client. Watching bars go by on the screen during software installs is not exactly conducive to being engaged at work. 

Just now, Dottles said:

Ok @Kzoo I'm biting.  Why is your Tuesday so bad?  In all seriousness, I really hope you are speaking in jest. 

Because at 3:00 EDT (or there abouts) Terrible and Tuesday rhymed.

My Tuesday is just fine - not meh, not blah, not even  "eh" or "whatever" but fine.

• Awesome 1