Low for the night

sheep_herder

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I am not looking forward to the coming winter.  I am not bringing the snow blower out of the back yard shed till after Thanksgiving. That of course means that it will snow early.  ?

It did snow early...apparently (I was sleeping so I cannot confirm) we had a few flakes in the air overnight...but they got inches of the white stuff to the North...  33 here but gee...I believe I am in the urban heat island :wacko:

We hit 56F and my kitchen, facing NW, was cold making breakfast this AM.  The highs here in Central Maryland are typically in the 60's in October, but can be from the 40's to 80's.  I let the Sun in the windows, put on a flannel shirt at night if it gets chilly, and try to wait until November before having to use the furnace except for a test-run in October before it gets cold.  Our weather is very variable, but Thanksgiving is the normal time for people to keep or haul their pleasure boats out of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries and winterize the motors, so we normally have a decently-long Indian Summer which, of course, varies from year to year.  Winter can give us a few 20"-30" snows and ten other 6"-12" snows or, like the past two years, there's so little you don't have to shovel snow all winter - a quick brushing clears it off.

I love Fall here because it's usually good weather, a little breezy, and dry, but the constant rainy days that ruined last Summer have been running into Fall, though we're in a decent stretch now.

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Yes, but living where you do, you have no idea where the coat wearers originated, maybe from somewhere warmer than Texas.?

True.. but I'm still wearing shorts and t-shirts.. I miss the fridged weather.

• Sad 1