Whelp, looks like my company has a new owner

2Far

7 hours ago, Scrapr said:

you're taking cupcakes to work in the morning? Seems like the friendly thing to do to welcome the new boss. 

New boss same as the old boss

It's not RG is it? He has been scarce. Working on his signing bonus?

Two new levels of bosses waaaaaaay above my pay grade. HCHC is the money company

In a related event, they'll prolly cancel this year's bonuses to pay for all this new management.

• Sad 1

The only time we ever had the “big meetings” was when our company was sold or filed bankruptcy. The new owners did things legal but unethical in my opinion. They bought the company, bought all kinds of new equipment that we didn’t need and then declared bankruptcy. In the big meeting they assured everyone that we were not in any danger of losing our jobs. This was just to unload a bunch of debt. Then our paychecks bounced.

• Sad 6

My company was owned directly by an investment group who bought us in 2012. This year we were sold to another company that said investment group owns.  Our name will change ? let the fun begin. I handle the stuffs associated with three accreditation bodies for a number of safety valves.  Oh joy will this be fun.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

My company was owned directly by an investment group who bought us in 2012. This year we were sold to another company that said investment group owns.  Our name will change ? let the fun begin. I handle the stuffs associated with three accreditation bodies for a number of safety valves.  Oh joy will this be fun.

Apparently, they are only getting rid of two guys the CEO & the BD guy of our current umbrella company. The CEO is the guy who holds our contractor license in GA. He wasn't with our little company to begin with. No succession / hit-by-bus plan. IDK WTF the guy in the corner office thinks about all day.

• Hugs 1

Just now, Kirby said:

I hope the specifics of your job don't change, or at least that the good parts of your job don't change.

And maybe a larger company has more long term opportunities to?  And a branch in Paris/Sydney/Honolulu/Lima that needs a guy to take over for a month/year/forever????

Tom

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And maybe a larger company has more long term opportunities to?  And a branch in Paris/Sydney/Honolulu/Lima that needs a guy to take over for a month/year/forever????

Tom

Is 4 years long term? I'm hoping I'll be able to call it quits in 4-5 years.

Got a grand-young'un 3 hours away, that makes my radius Memphis/Nashville/Jackson and the reality is that if we move, it's going to closer to the young'un.

• Heart 2

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

So how was the long-term transition to the new ownership?  Smooth?  Only sensible decisions made?  Everyone completely happy?

So, I bought some stock in the new company after the announcement. It was, like, $6.00 a share. Currently trading at $1.58. 

I got a new safety boss & a different reporting structure. Boss has implemented several good things. 

I haven’t gotten a raise in the intervening years, so that sucks. 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 3

On 10/12/2018 at 10:37 AM, 2Far said:

Is 4 years long term? I'm hoping I'll be able to call it quits in 4-5 years.

Got a grand-young'un 3 hours away, that makes my radius Memphis/Nashville/Jackson and the reality is that if we move, it's going to closer to the young'un.

Well, 4 years closer to "calling it quits in 4-5 years"!!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Good news is that @Dottleshead is our Cafe Retirement Guru!

...and...

PANAMA!!!!

Talk to Jackie Lange. I’ve spoken to her and her husband. She knows her shit and doesn’t sell you anything. Saturday’s 3 pm PST podcast and she will answer your questions. 

https://panamarelocationtours.com