Super Keto

late

Lunch was sardines, I don't mind sardines, but only had them rarely before this. I have them most days now, with an Omega 3. That's Super Keto.

I also had a can of asparaguses. Asparagii are the most keto veggie. Low carb diets screw with your gut, and despite being low carb, asparagoose feed the buggies that like carbs.

'Dessert' was a small handful of macademia nuts, which, when combined with Omega 3, are Super Keto. They have Omega 7, which helps Omega 3 do it's job. There's also not enough fat in sardines in oil for keto. So it helps there, too.

I knew you'd be excited. I can hardly contain myself.

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

this is where I quit reading :D

Macademia nuts are good though :)

I am getting an AC1 monday. If I do good, I can stop with the diabetes pills. So I've been really trying to up my game with this keto thing.

Sardines can be good in things. Back when I could eat bread, I used to make an open face grilled sardine sandwich.  Bear with me here, you mush up the sardines with spices and oil, grill it, and then douse it with lemon. It's is genuinely good, you can't tell there are sardines in there.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, late said:

I am getting an AC1 monday. If I do good, I can stop with the diabetes pills. So I've been really trying to up my game with this keto thing.

Sardines can be good in things. Back when I could eat bread, I used to make an open face grilled sardine sandwich.  Bear with me here, you mush up the sardines with spices and oil, grill it, and then douse it with lemon. It's is genuinely good, you can't tell there are sardines in there.

I dig canned sardines and used to eat them on toast.  As they are low on the food chain they are supposed to be lower in mercury too.  They are rough on the nose tho so don't take them to work and my wife hates the smell too so I rarely eat them.

Good luck with your campaign, I wish you all the benefits you seek. Sprog is on a similar regime, but isn’t being as rigorous as you: she is 35 and way overweight and decided to change things before it gets too late, before she gets the diabetes, et cetera. While I applaud her aim I despair of its success, since she is eating more in a day than I am, who am not trying to lose weight, moreover I believe the amount of meat and fat she is eating is obscene, by anyone’s standards: no medical or scientific advice is to eat meat three times a day, this is only something crackpots and deluded people would do in this day and age Shirley. But you cannot tell her anything, so I don’t even try to. Fad diets come and go, but people’s weight problems endure, they’ll outlive the keto thing, too.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I dig canned sardines and used to eat them on toast.  As they are low on the food chain they are supposed to be lower in mercury too.  They are rough on the nose tho so don't take them to work and my wife hates the smell too so I rarely eat them.

I loved fresh sardines in Portugal.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, pedalphile said:

Btw, sardines are not a species of fish as such. It depends what small fry they catch and can, or serve fresh, on that day, they call em sardines, for convenience, the cans and labels being already made, you see.

The West Coast of the US of A had numerous sardine canneries.  Monterey is the most well known but my local beach, Newport Beach had a successful sardine cannery row that went bust in the 1960's when they overfished the area.  

We still have sardines locally but off limits to commercial fishing.  I've used them as bait when fishing but never ate one.

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

The West Coast of the US of A had numerous sardine canneries.  Monterey is the most well known but my local beach, Newport Beach had a successful sardine cannery row that went bust in the 1960's when they overfished the area.  

We still have sardines locally but off limits to commercial fishing.  I've used them as bait when fishing but never ate one.

You should try one, they’re good. Reminds me of the very humble mackerel, much used as bait but little prized as food, hence cheap to buy, better for you and tastier to eat than much you might catch with it as bait.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

You should try one, they’re good. Reminds me of the very humble mackerel, much used as bait but little prized as food, hence cheap to buy, better for you and tastier to eat than much you might catch with it as bait.

Ohhh I love mackerel. Most consider them junk fish but I smoke them on my grill.  Tasty!

14 hours ago, pedalphile said:

But you cannot tell her anything, so I don’t even try to.

That is the spirit!

I believe some people find success in diet in different ways.  I think whatever works for the eskimos is just fine for everyone, plus they have better mythology about things.  Modern western mythology is garbage, as is the standard diet.

By the way, I refuse to call them Innuits, simply because the term I learned to call them is 'eskimo' and I like that word better.  It does the same job, too, and nobody really gives a fuck except for some people that I am happy to marginalize for their warped ideas.