Atala

Page Turner

...this was sitting in the garage, unridden for a couple ofyears, because the stem was too long and the paint was horrible.

So I repainted it recently, and found a shorter stem.  .Different wheels, too, but close to the originals.

As it was after touching it up four or five years ago.

1776397251_Atala009.thumb.JPG.c25155b8ecc43c9dbad7fc386eff8f22.JPG1583794349_Atala014.thumb.JPG.9216878939cf244d549218ab01ccea25.JPG

Today, thanks to the wonders of modern paint technology and the guys who make repro bike decals, in this case Greg Softley of Cyclomondo.

Atala (repainted) 001.JPG

Atala (repainted) 002.JPG

Atala (repainted) 003.JPG

Atala (repainted) 005.JPG

Atala (repainted) 006.JPG

Atala (repainted) 008.JPG

Atala (repainted) 009.JPG

Atala (repainted) 010.JPG

Atala (repainted) 011.JPG

Atala (repainted) 012.JPG

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

...I put some nice light tyres on it, hoping I could push a 53 in front.  By some miracle, it works. :)

BTW, for any of you who decide to fix up something that uses Campy Victory from the late 80's, do not believe the absolute bullshit about how it will handle a 30 tooth cog in the back.

I had to go through all sorts of manipulations and variations to finally get it to handle a 28 as my largest rear cog.  I can't believe sometimes all the lies those guys published. :angry:

13 minutes ago, No One said:

...I put some nice light tyres on it, hoping I could push a 53 in front.  By some miracle, it works. :)

BTW, for any of you who decide to fix up something that uses Campy Victory from the late 80's, do not believe the absolute bullshit about how it will handle a 30 tooth cog in the back.

I had to go through all sorts of manipulations and variations to finally get it to handle a 28 as my largest rear cog.  I can't believe sometimes all the lies those guys published. :angry:

OK so as I was looking at the pictures in your 1st post I thought, hmm that crank looks like Campy Victory... 

Ya gotta track down one of those cool blue & white striped Atala jerseys from the early 80's.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1