End of an era - on the subject of change

Ralphie

I have been mildly amused and comforted by the one billboard I know of that has not changed since I started traveling the NJ turnpike daily.  It was cute, a little dog trying to lick its female owner but was being held at arm's length because of its alleged bad breath.  Yesterday I noticed it was gone. :(

I was amused by how faded and worn it was looking, and trees were even starting to block it.  In a world of constant change, it is comforting to see some things bucking the trend. 

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I have been mildly amused and comforted by the one billboard I know of that has not changed since I started traveling the NJ turnpike daily.  It was cute, a little dog trying to lick its female owner but was being held at arm's length because of its alleged bad breath.  Yesterday I noticed it was gone. :(

I was amused by how faded and worn it was looking, and trees were even starting to block it.  In a world of constant change, it is comforting to see some things bucking the trend. 

At least you still have the NJ Turnpike.   :P

sorry.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

...I keep all my change in an old cocoa tin with a lid.  I used to take it over to the credit union, where they had an automatic counting machine that you could use for free if you were a member.  They just got a new machine, and to pay for it, they are now charging members 5% of the total every time you count your change using their machine. :angry:

10 minutes ago, No One said:

...I keep all my change in an old cocoa tin with a lid.  I used to take it over to the credit union, where they had an automatic counting machine that you could use for free if you were a member.  They just got a new machine, and to pay for it, they are now charging members 5% of the total every time you count your change using their machine. :angry:

Commerce Bank used to have a free "Penny Arcade" where anyone could dump in their change and receive cash money in exchange.  When TD took over I think it disappeared.  Their was also a flufnagle* over the accuracy.

* I gotta look up that f word - I don't think it is flufnagle, nor is it flufferbutter, but something similar.

We have a private web-page on Facebook called "I Grew Up in Brooklyn Park" composed most of us graduates of the no-longer-existing Brooklyn Park High School in northern Anne Arundel County, Maryland, that is filled with nostalgia: scans of pages from old yearbooks, the menu from the diner in the local Woolworths, etc. One guy regularly posts a photo and asks members to identify the time and location. It includes things like restaurant chains that have gone out of business (Rustler Steak House, Harley's (Burgers), etc. It really reminds us of how much things have changed over the decades!