A bit disappointing but she is still my hero.

Longjohn

4 hours ago, roadsue said:

That’s a happy finish time. 

What’s she going to do next? It’s hard to go from that level of fitness to recreational. 

She is a professional tri coach and she will probably still race, just not Ironman distance.

She was a school teacher until she just didn’t have time for work and training.

i was wondering why her time was so far off from her normal speed then this morning she posted her uncle’s obituary. They were close and he passed away just before the race.

7 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I see the problem with her time.  She stood around taking pictures all afternoon.

The very few times I "raced" (2), I did that too. I knew I didn't have a prayer for anything even close to being competitive, so I figured I'd enjoy myself.

Now when it came.to volleyball or softball.... Totally different story!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

i was wondering why her time was so far off from her normal speed then this morning she posted her uncle’s obituary. They were close and he passed away just before the race.

I’m sorry to hear. Losing a friend is a heck of a distraction.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

So this was Kona?

Yes this was Kona, She hasn’t come home yet. I’m anxious to hear what happened but I haven’t asked. I would think her uncle’s unexpected death wouldn’t throw her that far off her game but she did say they were very close. She really did plan on winning this year. She took first place female overall down in Mexico’s Ironman last year. The last time she did Kona she was 7th place but she is much faster now so it’s a big disappointment. I was tracking her and I saw her stop a couple times on her run. I thought maybe she was sick or injured.

• Sad 1

When I would accompany her in my kayak while she was doing open water swim training she always wore a wetsuit. The first time I saw her strip off her wetsuit when she was done my jaw dropped. She had a a similar bikini to the one in the picture. I always prefer a fit body and she really has it. She said the only problem was she trained right out of her boobs. That doesn’t bother me. I’m not sure of her age but she raced in the 45-50 age group.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

When I would accompany her in my kayak while she was doing open water swim training she always wore a wetsuit. The first time I saw her strip off her wetsuit when she was done my jaw dropped. She had a a similar bikini to the one in the picture. I always prefer a fit body and she really has it. She said the only problem was she trained right out of her boobs. That doesn’t bother me. I’m not sure of her age but she raced in the 45-50 age group.

Fit women who have literally and forgive my crudeness, trained their tits off, are as hot as women can get, IMO.

• Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

If she wanted to win, a mid pack finish would be disappointing.  Especially if she was planning to retire

It’s VERY difficult to plan retirement on your terms from professional athletics. Who knows, she’ll either resolve to do it again to try to finish closer to where she wanted to, or recognize it wasn’t to be this time and that chapter is closed. Neither would surprise me.

13 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It’s VERY difficult to plan retirement on your terms from professional athletics. Who knows, she’ll either resolve to do it again to try to finish closer to where she wanted to, or recognize it wasn’t to be this time and that chapter is closed. Neither would surprise me.

We have a mutual friend that runs a lot of marathons. After every one she says she is done, no more marathons. This time I really mean it. Every year when the Disney Marathon rolls around she is in it. She also happens to be a vegan, college professor, and didn’t train her boobs off.

• Heart 1

One race does not take away the processes we have experienced and the traits we have achieved.  Ironically, I had to keep reminding myself of this, as I walk away from this race day.  I am much better than this, I am all I have defined myself by before this challenge, and days like this, are what molds us into what we are still to become. 

Don't forget this Kazabooboo.  @Always Wong

• Heart 1