If MaddMaxx ever made a gif

jsharr

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

No it was not.  Who at the LF or here built the highly detailed models?  I am old and stupid, so type slow when you reply.

Yes.  Nate and I had a long conversation here one time about model cars that involved pics of his 1/12 lotus from the Tamiya kit.  I remember it well because it was one of the few coherent conversations I had with Nate.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes.  Nate and I had a long conversation here one time about model cars that involved pics of his 1/12 lotus from the Tamiya kit.  I remember it well because it was one of the few coherent conversations I had with Nate.

I knew you were involved somehow!   I would expect Nate to build one of these

Image result for detailed beverly hillbillies model

Almost.  I became a fireball once right at the finish line and by the time I was done activating the fire bottles and shutting off the fuel I no longer had parachutes to deploy.  The shroud lines were burned through so the chute fell off the car and followed me down the track rolling along.  I notice that today's cars have the shrouds covered in a fireproof sleeve to prevent that from happening.  Fortunately the track was long enough to stop without the chute.  We didn't have escape hatches back in the day so normally I waited for the crew to get to me to raise the body.  This time however they found me out of the car and hopping around trying to shed the fire suit.  This was back when the aluminium suit protected me from the fire but got so hot that after the fire was out I was feeling a bit like a lobster in the pot.  Back the we also didn't have the fancy nomex inner long johns and shirt so under that outer suit I had street clothes on.