Paul Allen dead at age 65

Dottleshead

He died of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma -- same as my mom. Cancer has now taken Steve Jobs and Paul Allen from us.  Both those guys had enough money to buy the best healthcare in the world and it didn't mean dookie.  If I were Bill Gates, I'd be throwing all his capital into cancer research (and a few bucks our way here for the SWC folks).

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/paul-allen-co-founder-of-microsoft-dead-at-65-family-says

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/paul-allen-microsoft-dead-cancer_us_5bc50f15e4b0a8f17ee49bc5

5 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Actually, John, that's exactly what my mother died of.  NH Lymphoma and leukemia.  Keep riding that bike and eat healthy.

All of my health issues this year were listed as symptoms that show the disease is advancing. My oncologist is retiring before my next appointment in January and I have to go with someone I don’t know.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

All of my health issues this year were listed as symptoms that show the disease is advancing. My oncologist is retiring before my next appointment in January and I have to go with someone I don’t know.

Fuck.  I'm really sorry to read this.  Be proactive and seek someone out.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Fuck.  I'm really sorry to read this.  Be proactive and seek someone out.

I’ll keep my appointment and meet the new guy. The Hillman cancer center where we go seems to be on the cutting edge in many ways like my wife’s recent treatments that she had. She never even missed work.

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I’ll keep my appointment and meet the new guy. The Hillman cancer center where we go seems to be on the cutting edge in many ways like my wife’s recent treatments that she had. She never even missed work.

We're rooting and praying for both of you...

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1