I can’t do what ten people tell me to do.

MoseySusan

I have two job sites. One where I spend the most of my time, away from any real administrative oversight. The other where I now dread stepping foot into due to the presence of the oversight committee being in the building. They don’t actually micromanage me, but my loathing of them is so strong that it taints my visits there. THIS is what drives my desire to retire. Or change job responsibilities to stay out of the main corporate HQs.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

If you can afford to retire then you can take a job you like.  

I like the work I do. So it’s just a case if giving up the aspects and responsibilities of the job that I don’t like, when I can financially afford to cut off a portion of my paycheck. And of course doing so would place me in a less stable position of my company’s hierarchy, so I have to be ready to be able to walk away should it be necessary. 

44 1/3 months to go where I need this JOB. After that’s it’s gravy if I can stay in my current role. 

20 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Medicine ain't much better.  Between Medicare/Medicaid and insurance companies they have all but ruined it.  Forcing nurses and doctors out like crazy.  I am closer and closer to driving a school bus full time every day.

You’re either on the bus, or under it. ?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1