I think I spotted Razors Edge at Home Depot

jsharr

16 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I need an explanation on this one, sorry. I scored a free sack barrow recently from a skip, 30 bloody quid they are!

I think in Texas they just steal handtrucks.  Sure, that's a reasonable thing to do, but where I live, having a criminal record is not a "cool" thing or a "coming of age" thing like it is down in Texistan. We're soft up here :(

Tom

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think in Texas they just steal handtrucks.  Sure, that's a reasonable thing to do, but where I live, having a criminal record is not a "cool" thing or a "coming of age" thing like it is down in Texistan. We're soft up here :(

Tom

Texistan: harsh a touch? And misleading, maybe? Around here if we we may refer to a local area, say, Abbeydale, as Abbeystan, there is a good reason for doing so, if you know what I mean, and I think that you do.

51 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I need an explanation on this one, sorry. I scored a free sack barrow recently from a skip, 30 bloody quid they are!

coal to newcastle mate.

33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

You probably look down on marrying cousins too.

10 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

Texistan: harsh a touch? And misleading, maybe? Around here if we we may refer to a local area, say, Abbeydale, as Abbeystan, there is a good reason for doing so, if you know what I mean, and I think that you do.

I prefer Texico, as we stole our state from Mexico and should show a bit of respect to the rightful owner.

• Haha 1

Just now, pedalphile said:

But ain’t t’oilcompany got their moniker grade mark protected?

This is Texas.  We don't need to stinking badges or trademarks.  Shoot first, then shoot second, then shoot third, then have a beer, then shoot one last time, then ask questions.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

This is Texas.  We don't need to stinking badges or trademarks.  Shoot first, then shoot second, then shoot third, then have a beer, then shoot one last time, then ask questions.

Pretty shooty sort of place and peeps, eh? Just shoot while you’re shooting the breeze, so to speak. And for a mild curse word you probably say, Shoot.

Just now, pedalphile said:

Pretty shooty sort of place and peeps, eh? Just shoot while you’re shooting the breeze, so to speak. And for a mild curse word you probably say, Shoot.

Or shit.  We say shit a lot.  You would fit right in except for the accent.  Start working on saying ya'll and learning to use fixin to mean getting ready to.  As in, Im fixin to kick the shit outta ya'll.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Or shit.  We say shit a lot.  You would fit right in except for the accent.  Start working on saying ya'll and learning to use fixin to mean getting ready to.  As in, Im fixin to kick the shit outta ya'll.

I would love visiting and saying sheot like that, i’ve seen all the movies, I know I could give it a stab, or should I say, shot, No Country For Olde Men, and that sheot, but obviously I couldn’t carry off the accent, so wouldn’t yer locals think I was taking the michael, like, sending em up - and shoot me?

2 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I would love visiting and saying sheot like that, i’ve seen all the movies, I know I could give it a stab, or should I say, shot, No Country For Olde Men, and that sheot, but obviously I couldn’t carry off the accent, so wouldn’t yer locals think I was taking the michael, like, sending em up - and shoot me?

I could explain to them that you are a professional piss take artist travelling the world to share your talents with others.

5 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

...somewhere in Texas, some guy will look at you, smile, and say, "You got a purty mouth."  If you have no gun, you need to run away.

• Haha 1

Just now, No One said:

...somewhere in Texas, some guy will look at you, smile, and say, "You got a purty mouth."  If you have no gun, you need to run away.

Sir, that happened in Georgia.  In Texas, they do not care if the mouth is purty.  They just say "You got a mouth" 

• Envious 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I could explain to them that you are a professional piss take artist travelling the world to share your talents with others.

And that would prevent the shooting? Please see your previous post re the order in which Texicans do things, and how often.

I think when I visit and sample this beanless chili of yours I shall stick with my hybrid bastardly English regional idiolect. btw that last word does not mean what you think it means.

1 minute ago, pedalphile said:

And that would prevent the shooting? Please see your previous post re the order in which Texicans do things, and how often.

I think when I visit and sample this beanless chili of yours I shall stick with my hybrid bastardly English regional idiolect. btw that last word does not mean what you think it means.

It is sort of like your English clubs, run by the old boys.  Here it is the good ol' boys.  If I vouch for you, you are probably safe.  No guarantees though.  I hope you understand.  

Just now, jsharr said:

It is sort of like your English clubs, run by the old boys.  Here it is the good ol' boys.  If I vouch for you, you are probably safe.  No guarantees though.  I hope you understand.  

I does, lad. No fakery here my deare ol’ boys, I am English, no offence. 

10 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I’ve seen that movie, it ain’t TeXaS, you dip stick: Burt Reynolds’ finest two hours.

I am impressed!  Dip Stick is an excellent thing to call a person.  Do you ever call anyone a lug nut? There is hope for you.  You have potential, me old china!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pedalphile said:

I’ve seen that movie, it ain’t TeXaS, you dip stick: Burt Reynolds’ finest two hours.

...you really think those guys stayed on the New River after all that publicity ?:huh: With the money they earned as movie stars, they all moved down somewhere along the Rio Grande, close to the Big Bend.