What's that odd earthy smell wafting over from Canada?

Mr. Silly

The funny thing is..., I ride my bike to work, and almost every day in traffic I encounter vehicles that are just wafting smoke.  Usually more than one vehicle.  Today...., not a sniff.

There was a report last week that the last major Canadian survey on the subject just a year or so ago, less than 10% of the Canadian population has smoked weed in the last five years.  It is not a big a deal as the news and advocates wants us all to believe.  

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

What US states have legal recreational marijuana? Colorado, California, Washington... Oregon? 

Is NY state there yet? I know NJ is close, which would then force Pa’s hand to not lose the tax revenue.... Other states that are close?

I think Massachusetts is legal now, too. How about NH and Vermont?

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What US states have legal recreational marijuana? Colorado, California, Washington... Oregon? 

Is NY state there yet? I know NJ is close, which would then force Pa’s hand to not lose the tax revenue.... Other states that are close?

Michigan is voting on it in a couple weeks.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

and their new flag was released

canadian-marijuana-flag.png

No joke. Every year a student will show up in a pair of Huff brand socks with that exact flag woven into the fabric. When I refer them for a dress code violation (or tell them to change their socks) they say, "It's a maple leaf."

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

No joke. Every year a student will show up in a pair of Huff brand socks with that exact flag woven into the fabric. When I refer them for a dress code violation (or tell them to change their socks) they say, "It's a maple leaf."

Some Japanese maples have long narrow serrated leaves.  

4 hours ago, late said:

Saw a line waiting for a pot store to open, on tv. It was nearly 4 blocks long. Looked cold, bet the shelves are empty by close of business.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4564595/calgary-pot-store-opens-to-lines

6 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I still have the sample given to me by marketers ...sitting on my desk. Sitting inside its burlap arty little wee sack.

Wait.  I'm quite sure shootingstar can be found in that line.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Zephyr said:

The funny thing is..., I ride my bike to work, and almost every day in traffic I encounter vehicles that are just wafting smoke.  Usually more than one vehicle.

I ditto this. Pot smoke wafting out of cars is less of a problem than the vile musicke that wafts out of them to me.

• Haha 1