So, how do the powers that be afford this forum?

MoseySusan

I probably missed something...the annual fundraising drive, etc. 

I saw memberships for sale in the store, did a little clicking and checked out the pricing of the online community vendor, and it seems that a one-time membership doesn't even begin to cover the cost of maintaining this place at its current standards of operation.

So...what's the story? Where do I send the notice of gratitude to our big, invisible benefactor?

6 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Square Wheels will always accept money.

Actually he won't.  I tried at one point but the only money he'd take is the membership purchase (which I think can be annual).  But Square Wheels is the benefactor of our feast.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

7 hours ago, roadsue said:

I probably missed something...the annual fundraising drive, etc. 

I saw memberships for sale in the store, did a little clicking and checked out the pricing of the online community vendor, and it seems that a one-time membership doesn't even begin to cover the cost of maintaining this place at its current standards of operation.

So...what's the story? Where do I send the notice of gratitude to our big, invisible benefactor?

Wheels uses the whole thing as a tax write-off.  But if you donate to him, you can write it off too and thereby cut into his write-offs.

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

Are we pirating server space? 

I don’t want to be a pirate. ☠️??

Yes, but it's my server, or a rented one.  I pay a little more for the space.  The software costs a fair amount each year.  Because of the inappropriate comments regularly made, I can't run ads.  I have two other sites.  One makes a little money, pays for the rest.

Honestly, I do not mind.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

No.  SW is our servant.

You rang.

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

SW is stinkin rich :whistle: :P

This is very true.  It's all a matter of perception.  I believe I am insanely wealthy.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1