tonight's indulgence

bikeman564™

13 hours ago, 12string said:

River Horse Tripel Horse.  

Not quite Duvel or Dragon's milk, but pretty darn good.

If you can find and Jaques Du Lantern (Evolution Craft Brewing), grab it.  Not at all your typical Pumpkin Ale, more along the lines of Mad Elf.  I'm going to grab some more and age it.

Yesterday I bought 2 Duvel but drank neither of them, it got too late by the time I returned from the conzert, I just had a couple of blondes, Leffes, they were enough.

15 hours ago, 12string said:

I'm going to grab some more and age it.

I've done this and also have some beer aging now. I find that the bourbon barrel beers get smoother. I write the date on the bottle of when I bought it. Thanks for the other suggestions.

13 hours ago, 12string said:

Try the Leffe Brune, a little more body than the Blonde.

Dark beers age well, especially if they are casked.  Lagers, Pilsners, not at all.  IPAs will survive but lose flavor.  None of them want to go more than a few years.  Be aware that alcohol content raises with age.

I do drink the brunes on occasion, more of a winter bier for me, being as you say more full bodied. They also do a Radieuse but my spelling may be a little off, I take it to mean radiant, it’s somewhere between the other two in colour, also a decent drink.