Skip To The Front Of The Line?

Razors Edge

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

TT bikes are never really "comfortable".  The rule of thumb (IMO other parts) is the more pain you can stand the faster you will go.  Assume the position.

Yes, agreed.

On a side note, these types of bikes should not be welcome on group rides.  People on aero bars are dangerous around others.  I would never ride with one.  

18 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yes, agreed.

On a side note, these types of bikes should not be welcome on group rides.  People on aero bars are dangerous around others.  I would never ride with one.  

I haven't ridden with a club in a while but tribars were not allowed on any of the club rides I've been on.  

I'm sure tri clubs allow them tho.

20 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is an easy way to spot a self-centered azzclown.  Sadly, it isn't only when they are in a group that they are dangerous.  It is anytime they are near ANYONE that they are dangerous.  Even the pros who ride them regularly know they are not meant to be ridden in public.

Tom

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

It is an easy way to spot a self-centered azzclown.  Sadly, it isn't only when they are in a group that they are dangerous.  It is anytime they are near ANYONE that they are dangerous.  Even the pros who ride them regularly know they are not meant to be ridden in public.

Tom

I was riding on SART recently and heard the distinct rumble of carbon, lots of carbon going really fast.  I looked left just a tri geek in full sponsor kit, carbon disc rear, carbon deep section front, carbon aero bike freaking fly by me!  That sound is amazing.

Tri bikes used for iron man aren't subject to UCI regs are they?

On 10/19/2018 at 3:56 AM, pedalphile said:

That thing is hideous, truly hideous, never mind it not being UCI legal, it just needs to never be made and all examples destroyed, simply to prevent further offence to our eyes.

How about this one:

image.thumb.png.b72810e9fcab8b4fe7b32069718c7687.png

Tom

On 10/18/2018 at 4:09 PM, Razors Edge said:

Tom

I had tried to post this the other day but it didn’t take. Good read for those of us who despise the aerobar rider trying to join the group ride.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2355151/world-without-aerobars

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I dig the technology with these aerobikes. I would never buy one but can appreciate the R&D and specific design to go fast.  I also really think the DH mtn bikes are cool.  Again I don't want one but appreciate the R&D & design that go into them.

And they are really not that expensive, most of them cost less than your car.

• Haha 1