Hey Latte and Canada...

Dottleshead

You guys weren't kidding.  My wife and I have been making smoothies using this frozen blend and love it.  First time we tried this was in McCall, ID and it was Wymans.  They grow their crops in Maine (@late )and Eastern Canada.  I'm beginning to think that @Wilbur and @shootingstar are totally right.  Northern berries such as blueberries, raspberries, etc... may in fact be tastier in Canada.  We've tried a lot of berry mixes from different parts of the US including my home state -- and this may be the winner:

Kale product(@

http://www.wymans.com/product/kale/strawberries-blueberries-and-cherries-kale

We use some cashew and almond milk and these smoothies are great.  I honestly feel that if mixed in the correct blender, the are incredibly creamy and rival any milkshake out there.

3 hours ago, late said:

Smoothies and most juices dump too much sugar into your system too fast.

Eat the fruit.

So what makes a smoothie - blended WHOLE fruit - quicker to distribute sugar than fruit chewed properly and swallowed?  In other words, by the time the smoothie or the whole fruit gets to your stomach, it is in pretty much the same form.

Tom

33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So what makes a smoothie - blended WHOLE fruit - quicker to distribute sugar than fruit chewed properly and swallowed?  In other words, by the time the smoothie or the whole fruit gets to your stomach, it is in pretty much the same form.

Tom

Exactly.  People (including me a couple years back) like to make this mistake.  There have been enough studies out there that show eating the whole fruit (blended or not) counteract the sugar load. I have practical experience backing this up.  I won't be changing anytime soon.  And here I was hoping @late would appreciate my good gestures toward his home state.  I mean, I live in the opposite corner!  Actually, I was hoping he knew the inside scoop or could get me a deal.  If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the latter.

21 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Exactly.  People (including me a couple years back) like to make this mistake.  There have been enough studies out there that show eating the whole fruit (blended or not) counteract the sugar load. I have practical experience backing this up.  I won't be changing anytime soon.  And here I was hoping @late would appreciate my good gestures toward his home state.  I mean, I live in the opposite corner!  Actually, I was hoping he knew the inside scoop or could get me a deal.  If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the latter.

A lot of smoothies have a lot of carbs.

Most, really.

You're better off eating the fruit, if for no other reason that it will still have C.

1 minute ago, late said:

You want to start looking at specific smoothies?

Starbucks Orange Mango: 53 carbs...

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/smoothies/orange-mango-smoothie

Most people prob eat twice the carbs they should.

Ah. Now I understand. Yeah that commercial stuff is rotgut. You are right. We make our own. Only stuff I will drink.