Thanks for letting me know

Square Wheels

Is there something wrong with me?  I think they have a smell, but I don't find it to be all that terrible.

With how clumsy they are at flying into lamps and things they seem to be dumber than rocks.  It's a wonder they figured out how to procreate, but clearly they're quite good at that.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

Thank you for caring.

Mosquito bites sting and itch.

Bee stings hurt, but not as much as wasp stings.

How did you not know that stink bugs stink?  

I bet you never used a piece of grass to catch ant lions either?

How about a hunk of raw bacon on a string to catch crawdads?

I used to love taking my pellet gun and looking for mice in the oat barrels in the feed room in the barn.  Shooting mice in a barrel is good fun.

Ever made a minnow trap out of an old plastic soda bottle?  Only a fool pays for minnows.

You are sort of like Aunt Bee to my Opie here.

• Heart 1

Just now, TrentonMakes said:

Is there something wrong with me?  I think they have a smell, but I don't find it to be all that terrible.

With how clumsy they are at flying into lamps and things they seem to be dumber than rocks.  It's a wonder they figured out how to procreate.

You ever squashed a few of em on a hot Texas day?  

5 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

With how clumsy they are at flying into lamps and things they seem to be dumber than rocks.  It's a wonder they figured out how to procreate, but clearly they're quite good at that.

Have you ever vacuumed 20+ in your bedroom?  I suspect a bunch released their stink and the vacuum spread it nicely.  I let them go (in the trash in the garage).

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You ever squashed a few of em on a hot Texas day?  

I guess that's my problem - I generally don't squash them.  I'm one of those "try to take them outside" weirdos.

Also I have never been to Texas.  Is it nice?  I heard it stinks like stink bugs.

2 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I guess that's my problem - I generally don't squash them.  I'm one of those "try to take them outside" weirdos.

Also I have never been to Texas.  Is it nice?

Yeah, don't smash em.  They stink if you do.

I like it, but then again, I have never known much else.

This summer wasps have nested in the ceiling down in the cellar, they’ve not bothered me too much, no stings, but in their comings and goings I’ve been hit by them very many times, especially about the head and face, clumsy fliers. I’ve also noticed how they are all over any scraps of meat or fish worse than flies, actually, the flies hang back out of wasp range rather like hyenas do, while the lion is still feeding on the kill. Anyway, one day last week I was out in the garden and noticed a coffee cup left there from the day before and looked in it, it was now half full of dead wasps, and one lone struggler still kicking, hundreds of them, had decided that today was a good day to die. I tipped them out in the garden, the recyclers will now be recycled themselves, by slugs and snails I’m guessing, maybe birds too? I’m told that now they’re done for the season they won’t reuse that nest, but I plan to block off that wee entrance/Exit they used to the ceiling.