Cake is better than pie

Randomguy

17 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I might agree if he had actually used his maths skill to show us how to cut that cake into four or five days of EQUAL sized portions using his awful method.  He didn't, so it was less about maths, and more about a disappointing attempt at being witty.

Tom

Thom, I love what you did there, used maths as we English do, and not math, as Americans do, but why did you?

17 hours ago, No One said:

...I have refined the recipe over the years and I mostly use these now: 

Sweet Mama Winter Squash

18680a-18680a-image-sweet%20mama.jpeg

However, there is a French pie pumpkin that shows up locally at the market sometimes which is also good. Canned pumpkin is for suckers.

I have two that look like that in my collection lining my staircase, locally grown and organic. When I’m done admiring them daily they’ll be eaten as soup, stew, as a side on their own, and curries, they are magicke with peas and lentils and spices. No pie here though.

• Heart 2

On 10/23/2018 at 4:25 AM, pedalphile said:

I have two that look like that in my collection lining my staircase, locally grown and organic. When I’m done admiring them daily they’ll be eaten as soup, stew, as a side on their own, and curries, they are magicke with peas and lentils and spices. No pie here though.

...this is the only winter squash I use for soup now.  I bake them first, as it seems to bring out the flavors and sugars more than boiling/pureeing.