Nude water park set to open in Canada

Longjohn

2 hours ago, pedalphile said:

Nude sunning and swimming at the beach and ocean are great - only done it once at a public site, though, that was in Torquay, South Devon, but times aplenty in secluded and lonely spots, inland lakes and rivers, too, home and abroad, it’s nature’s way.

Nature's way until the serpent talks you into stealing an apple off the tree, then don the fig leaves post haste ye must.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Nature's way until the serpent talks you into stealing an apple off the tree, the don the fig leaves post haste ye must.

I has a fig tree out back, it self set in the wall about 6 feet up, right behind the soil stack, been there about 4 years or so, it is still puny: but I’ve seen these growing out of walls lining our rivers and streams here in Sheffield, and they can get to quite some size, some cut down in riverbank maintenance last year had trunks more than a foot across at the base emerging from the wall. This poo pipe is cast iron and will be broken when this sapling fig reaches its teens, and the sheot will hit not the fan, but the wall above head height, down in the garden, where I mess with my wood, so you see my dilemma, don’t you, similar to the cat in t’adage, I would have the figs, but I would not like the sheot shower.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I has a fig tree out back, it self set in the wall about 6 feet up, right behind the soil stack, been there about 4 years or so, it is still puny: but I’ve seen these growing out of walls lining our rivers and streams here in Sheffield, and they can get to quite some size, some cut down in riverbank maintenance last year had trunks more than a foot across at the base emerging from the wall. This poo pipe is cast iron and will be broken when this sapling fig reaches its teens, and the sheot will hit not the fan, but the wall above head height, down in the garden, where I mess with my wood, so you see my dilemma, don’t you, similar to the cat in t’adage, I would have the figs, but I would not like the sheot shower.

Maybe you could use the fruit to make hand cream

Blue Q Hand Shit Hand Cream-Jasmine Fig 2oz

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Fortunately I missed that the year I spent in Orlando.

It is not in Orlando, however, have heard of some countryside resorts. Since the topic was "water park", was referring to the Canaveral National Seashore Playalinda Beach. That is a very natural beach with no development other than parking lots with a restroom (no water) and a ramp over the dunes. I usually go to parking lots 1 to 4, however, the last one, #13, is clothing optional and appears to quietly be having a resurgence. While it is Federal property, the county has had issues and banned it. While I was very aware of it, particurally during the uproar where parking lot 13 became well known, I wasn't aware that they shifted to the next county. The road doesn't go through the length of the park and this was the southern half entered from Titusville. One day we entered the norther half from New Smyrna. Wife, daughter and I began walking along from the last parking area, and suddenly realized...oops. 

• Haha 2

I did like that area and often wandered out to the southern part of the park on weekends if I had them off.  There were lots of places for wildlife pictures :o (no, not those).  I would often visit the Cape to see if there was anything new at the museums and being an honorary redneck I'd take in some races in Bithlo.  I liked Orlando and I'm not all that fond of most cities.  IMO Orlando is more than a city as the surrounding areas have more interest to me than the downtown section.

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

IMO Orlando is more than a city as the surrounding areas have more interest to me than the downtown section.

Also, choice of great bike rides through the undeveloped countryside that most people are not aware of. ?

33 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Also, choice of great bike rides through the undeveloped countryside that most people are not aware of. ?

I wasn't very far from the head of one of the trails.  I lived in the Residence Inn in Altemonte Springs next to I4 near the big blue water tank.  I didn't have a bike with me that year though.  :wacko:  I spent my time shooting pool in the various Trick Shots clubs, reading everything in sight and racing RC cars........oh and working 60 hour weeks.

On 10/26/2018 at 6:45 AM, pedalphile said:

...the house I owned up at 2500 feet elevation here had a fig tree.  Someone planted it, unaware that it was too high and too cold for the thing to do anything more than struggle to survive.  I never saw a fig on that sucker.

6 hours ago, Tizeye said:

One day we entered the norther half from New Smyrna. Wife, daughter and I began walking along from the last parking area, and suddenly realized...oops. 

One Late October day over thirty years ago we found that beach. There was nobody else there except our family. Many years later I learned it had become an official nude beach. Maybe I started something ?

19 hours ago, Longjohn said:

One Late October day over thirty years ago we found that beach. There was nobody else there except our family. Many years later I learned it had become an official nude beach. Maybe I started something ?

It is still undeveloped less the ranger welcome station/restroom and historic house property on the Intracostal side. Also the Indian midden (shell mound) that gives a good view from the top. Otherwise, totally undeveloped coastline with access/parking points in the scrubland along the road. I think even a boat launch is outside the park at a nearby bait shop/store.