Restrict Name Changes

Razors Edge

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

How would you feel if you could not change your avatar any longer?  You can view name change history if you want.

I'm good with no name changes, then.  I used an "or" in my original post.  I wrote: " ...either allowing unlimited avatar/profile pics OR unlimited name changes, but allowing both..."

Again, it's not my site, but, too me, it is really an annoyance.

Tom

14 hours ago, No One said:

...duhhh. Why do you think I do it ?B)

So you are send ME secret love communications? ?  ?

I assume Square can't customize this site too much, but it might be nice if you could have a name and avatar that was changeable, but maybe instead of displaying "join date" it could display "original name"?

Too much to ask, and too much work, but nothings screams "fun" like simply ignoring other people's posts since it is way too much effort to try to keep up with the different name changes.

Tom

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

So you are send ME secret love communications? ?  ?

I assume Square can't customize this site too much, but it might be nice if you could have a name and avatar that was changeable, but maybe instead of displaying "join date" it could display "original name"?

Too much to ask, and too much work, but nothings screams "fun" like simply ignoring other people's posts since it is way too much effort to try to keep up with the different name changes.

Tom

Nope, not gonna happen.  It is readily available. 

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I guess this somewhat like getting married...the name change thing or consideration.

My guess is, if we could run a report, that maybe a dozen or less folks have changed their names, while most have changed their avatars.  But, those six or twelve name changers are "loud" members, so the rest of us just can suck it up and smile.  We need to  stop rocking the boat.

• Hugs 1

• 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Horrible.

Yeah, I think being flexible with avatar pics is FAR more important than being flexible with names. If someone really wanted a name change, we could easily have SW or a mod have the rights to change it on the fly.

There really is no good reason to be pushing for allowing multiple name changes anymore.  Why are we making it harder to interact with each other rather than easier?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...