Celebrity News Update: Neil Young Confirms Marriage to Daryl Hannah

Page Turner

34 minutes ago, Dottles said:

This arguably is one of the best tunes to come out of the 60s -- and there were a lot of them. Meh.  Early 70s.

Right, 1970.  I was in college and taking the last French class I needed for what was considered "Fluency Level" - chemistry majors at accredited colleges had to pass a fluency test or fluency-level course in French, German, or Russian back then as a requirement for the American Chemical Society to consider you a "certified chemist" to insure we had people who could read the important foreign chemistry journals.

The Professor asked the class, four girls and me, if everyone wanted to join the Day of Protest for the Kent State Massacres and not hold class the day it was scheduled.  I was the only one who wasn't for skipping the class - it wouldn't be made up and I needed that class to graduate.  But I decided to make it unanimous and changed my vote.

• Heart 1

I can remember my father saying, "You young people must really like Neil Young's lyrics or tune because he's got the worst singing voice I've ever heard."

But, later on, he liked "Old Man" and "Heart of Gold." and asked me to play them for my uncle, his brother, on his brother's guitar when we visited him.

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

So why did he split with Pegi? 

This makes me sad, to be honest. Neil’s days are numbered, being with people who really know and love you in your dying days are import (to me). Obviously I know nothing of their relationship, but fear this would be a decision he regretted if given eternity to dwell on it.

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

This makes me sad, to be honest. Neil’s days are numbered, being with people who really know and love you in your dying days are import (to me). Obviously I know nothing of their relationship, but fear this would be a decision he regretted if given eternity to dwell on it.

Yeah, I'm in it for the long term too.

20 minutes ago, dennis said:

As opposed to fake whiny?

Neil's whine makes one want to drown his whiny in wine. A real down and outer.  My brother-in-law said he was building a house in the San Juans and was invited to a party Neil was at.  I guess he was a real loner.  Kept to himself. I suspect he knows about the very thing he sings about.

12 hours ago, Dottles said:

Neil's whine makes one want to drown his whiny in wine. A real down and outer.  My brother-in-law said he was building a house in the San Juans and was invited to a party Neil was at.  I guess he was a real loner.  Kept to himself. I suspect he knows about the very thing he sings about.

So it's real whiny, not fake whiny. Maybe this will help