Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

bikeman564™

Pros: No pumpkin spice to be found
Cons: No apple cider dounts

Two things I want to try.  That cherry drink sold at roadside stands in the Carolina low lands and an apple cider donut.

Actually there a many things I want to try.  Lobster at some little joint on the water in Maine

Something with syrup on it while surrounded by maples in Vermont.

Seafood on the water in Seattle.

Alaskan crab in Ketchikan or Junea.

I think I should have started a new thread, but too late to go back now.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Two things I want to try.  That cherry drink sold at roadside stands in the Carolina low lands and an apple cider donut.

Actually there a many things I want to try.  Lobster at some little joint on the water in Maine

https://newengland.com/today/travel/maine/reds-eats-lobster-roll/

• Heart 1

Jordan Pond Inn restaurant at Acadia (get the lobster chowder and scones), Round Top ice cream in Damariscotta, J's Oyster Bar in Portland, Baxter State Park, Fore Street (I haven't eaten there it's very expensive), Noble (the only place in maine to have BBQ) Portland, Moodys Diner in Waldoboro (the diner does things the old fashioned way, and we make a point of stopping there when we travel up the coast. Try the walnut pie. We stopped there once when we were traveling by bike).

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I have lobster daily for about a week while in Nova Scotia. Sometimes twice a day. I enjoyed it very much.

6 minutes ago, late said:

Jordan Pond Inn restaurant at Acadia (get the lobster chowder and scones), Round Top ice cream in Damariscotta, J's Oyster Bar in Portland, Baxter State Park, Fore Street (I haven't eaten there it's very expensive), Noble (the only place in maine to have BBQ) Portland, Moodys Diner in Waldoboro (the diner does things the old fashioned way, and we make a point of stopping there when we travel up the coast. Try the walnut pie. We stopped there once when we were traveling by bike).

I just want a couple of nice maine lobster tails, drawn butter, fresh bread, some boiled new potatoes and a nice bottle of wine.

27 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I just want a couple of nice maine lobster tails, drawn butter, fresh bread, some boiled new potatoes and a nice bottle of wine.

Mostly people do whole lobster here. Lots of nice restaurants will do lobster and have good wine, few of them will stand out.

The places I mentioned really stand out from the crowd. Jordan Pond Inn does lobster, I have no doubt it's good, but the chowder and popovers are epic.

https://jordanpondhouse.com/jordan-pond-house/menus/

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Or you can buy fresh lobster from some toothless guy selling them on the side of the road in Maine.  Pick one out and throw it in his boiling pot.  The luxury roadside lobster joints have a picnic table you can eat at.

See this is the kind of info I need?  What about the drawn butter?  Potatoe/Patahtoes? 

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I both love and despise you right now.  Love will win out in the end.  

Nova Scotia has the style Maine wishes it had. The rocky coast is rockier, the lobster tastes ever so slightly better. One time we stopped at a grocery store and bought a bag of baby lobsters they cooked for us. We went outside, had a picnic lunch of lobsters, choc milk and shortbread cookies.

The best parts, to me, are the top and the bottom, but mostly the park at the top. Be sure your brakes are in good shape.

16 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You mean Cape Breton? That was where I had my Lobster-thon.

I think that's what it's called. It's as far north as you can go. Love how the Scots were too cheap to waste money on switchbacks. I wonder how many leave before the roads close.