The Wilbur, RR, and Cheese thread

Dottleshead

22 minutes ago, Dottles said:

ok, I'll bite.  RG, where the hell are they?  @Randomguy

I wish they would tell the forum.  I don't know why RR went away and teases us from time to time.  Cheese has not told me why exactly he has gone.  Wilbur has told me things in confidence.

I hope you would all surrender unconditionally anything asked to bring them back, and debase yourselves totally if you must.  You must swallow all pride or problems and whatnot and let them be them, for they caused no real trouble whatsoever, and anything perceived as trouble is the product of unfit minds, for they added to the forum and took away nothing.

I would trade all my 26,300 points to bring them back and suggest you all do the same.  Additionally, I will give Cheese my niece in marriage, let Wilbur have any name or avatar he wants (even Dorothy), and donate all my blood and bone marrow for RR's return (I can be resuscitated later).

These are not replaceable people, these are our friends.  I suggest we collectively take whatever steps necessary to bring them back.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

These are not replaceable people, these are our friends.  I suggest we collectively take whatever steps necessary to bring them back.

I would get them a nice grape pie if they returned.  :nodhead:

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am sad that I will probably never have a grape pie.  

Can I share one with Cheese if you make him one?

yes, but I said "get" not "make."  I don't want anyone to die from a gesture intended to be nice.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am sad that I will probably never have a grape pie.  

Can I share one with Cheese if you make him one?

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

You must make one, no other way is acceptable.

...make one yourself, you lazy fuck.  Pie crust is easy.

Directions
  1. In a large saucepan, combine grapes, sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. ...
  2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. ...
  3. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° remove foil and bake 30-35 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown.

9 hours ago, No One said:

...make one yourself, you lazy fuck. 

No, grape pie is an exotic beast, and must be made by another.

I have never made a pie.  Sure, I made ghetto white trash trailer pie with canned filling and store bought graham cracker crust when I was in college, but I also made boil in a bag salisbury steak in college, too.  Actually, I wish I could still buy that salisbury steak now, but the microwave has ruined convenience foods.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

No, grape pie is an exotic beast, and must be made by another.

I have never made a pie.  Sure, I made ghetto white trash trailer pie with canned filling and store bought graham cracker crust when I was in college, but I also made boil in a bag salisbury steak in college, too.  Actually, I wish I could still buy that salisbury steak now, but the microwave has ruined convenience foods.

...making pie dough, rolling it out, and then baking it into some sort of holiday pie would be an excellent bonding experience for you and RO.  I insist you do this immediately. then you can post photos of RO covered in flour dust, or with just a cute little smudge of flour on her cheek and nose. Use the recipe for basic pie crust in the Joy of Cooking.   I use whole wheat flour, and all butter instead of shortening (which is bad for you). But if you do that you need to add more water to make it the proper consistency for rolling.  The business about cutting the fat into the flour with a pastry cutter is ballocks.  You can do an excellent job of this using your fingers to squish the fat into the flour until the little granules of fat/flour are the proper size.

If you start now, you'll be up to speed for the holidays. Thanksgiving will be full of thanks, and Christmas will be merry, Mr Bah Humbug.

18 minutes ago, No One said:

...making pie dough, rolling it out, and then baking it into some sort of holiday pie would be an excellent bonding experience for you and RO.  I insist you do this immediately. then you can post photos of RO covered in flour dust, or with just a cute little smudge of flour on her cheek and nose. Use the recipe for basic pie crust in the Joy of Cooking

RO has now made or assisted in almost everything I make for her.  She has made pasta/pizza sauce, pizza crust, mac and cheese, chicken legs, popcorn the old fashioned way, and cookies, and can tell you the ingredients and everything. I think I have probably skipped some. We will make bread from scratch soon, too.

I think it is important that she not be reluctant to make food because it normally comes in a package or she doesn't know how.   I want her to really understand how to combine things and not let food processors tell her what to eat.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I use my food processor to combined things when I wish to make something to eat. It does not talk. you should get a new food processor.

Are you sure you have this right?  'Cause I'm thinking RGs food processor is the way to go. Talking food processors are king.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

16 hours ago, No One said:

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,...

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage