Vegan Threatens to Stab Her Mom for Cooking Pasta with Meat Sauce

Randomguy

This apparently is what becoming a vegan does to you:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A48-year-old Italian vegan has been ordered to pay her mother compensation after threatening to kill her for making traditional Bolognese meat sauce.

The smell of one of Italy's most cherished dishes – ragù - was enough to set off a domestic disturbance that ended with the mother being threatened with a kitchen knife, a court heard.

Newly unemployed, the daughter had recently moved back in with her mother, who cooked in the typical tradition of rezdore, as housewives are called in the local Emilia Romagna dialect.  

One of the signature dishes of every rezdore is Bolognese meat sauce, slow simmered for hours using a variety of meats including diced prosciutto cured ham, ground beef and sometimes chicken livers, then served over pasta or polenta.

Lawyers for the mother, who asked not to be named, said the family dynamic had degenerated due to irreconcilable conflicts over the mother and daughter’s different food cultures – the former heavy in butter, cream and meat, the latter exempt of all animal products.  

The daughter told a court she’d long had “no sensory nor olfactory contact” with animal products before moving back in with her mother, for whom the rich, red meat sauce was standard fare.

Lawyers said there had been an escalation of aggressive episodes – always over food – before the threat that triggered the complaint.

Exasperated by the smell of meat sauce simmering for hours in the small apartment they shared, the daughter grabbed a knife and threatened to take matters into her own hands. 

“If you won’t stop on your own then I’ll make you stop. Quit making ragù, or I’ll stab you in the stomach,” she said, according to the mum's civil complaint.

Justice of Peace Nadia Trifilò sentenced the woman to pay a €400 court fine and ordered €500 be paid in compensation to her 69-year-old mother.  

d mother.  
  • Heart 1

15 hours ago, Road Runner said:

The daughter is probably against the killing of animals.  OTOH, killing her mother is okay.

"I’ll stab you in the stomach" is more a warning than a death threat.  She was giving the mom and option - stop being such a beotch or I will make you suffer. Hard to misinterpret that straight talk versus the mom's passive-aggressive nonsense.