Bohemian Rhapsody

BuffJim

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, late said:

I haven't been to a movie theater in over a year. Perhaps it's time.

If you even mildly liked Queen, this would be worth it.  I listened to them on the radio, never owned anything, so a casual fan.  The movie was so well done.  They nailed Freddie.  I thought that was really Brian.  When it comes out on Blu Ray I'm sure I'll by it and watch it every now and then and I rarely watch a movie twice.

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

If you even mildly liked Queen, this would be worth it.  I listened to them on the radio, never owned anything, so a casual fan.  The movie was so well done.  They nailed Freddie.  I thought that was really Brian.  When it comes out on Blu Ray I'm sure I'll by it and watch it every now and then and I rarely watch a movie twice.

That covers me also, I mildly liked them.  Wife's more of a fan, been to see them in her yute.  I enjoy that type of movie so I am sure I would like it.

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That covers me also, I mildly liked them.  Wife's more of a fan, been to see them in her yute.  I enjoy that type of movie so I am sure I would like it.

It's truly amazing how powerful of a human he was, it's a shame he was so insecure in his personal life.  I love powerful people, I am attracted to them like a moth to a lollipop.

I go to the movies a lot more than I used to.  Seems like once or twice a year now.  It used to be every few years.  This one was so well worth it.  I had no expectations and was honestly blown away.

34 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I liked some of their work. As a piece of popular music, Bohemian Rhapsody is a genuine accomplishment. It melds classical music with popular, supporting some of the best lyrics ever to grace a popular song.

Basically, they make few movies I want to see badly enough to go to a theater. We don't get many of the small budget movies that have gotten the critics worked up. In a small market, it's easy for the major studios to lock out most of the indies.

Every once in a while, there's a movie like the Martian that I just love to death. But it's exceedingly rate.

4 hours ago, late said:

I haven't been to a movie theater in over a year. Perhaps it's time.

Yes. This one deserves the big screen and sound system. Since has been over a year from the last movie, the new reclining seats they put in during that time are great!

30 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Yes. This one deserves the big screen and sound system. Since has been over a year from the last movie, the new reclining seats they put in during that time are great!

Last Xmas I got a gift card to a new theater in town.  Guess it's time  :D