Another WTF moment regarding the P&R forum

Randomguy

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That’s a screen shot of what is there. Take too many quaaludes this morning?

So RG's issue is that some forumites have had their access restricted to various aspects of the forum.  Should he behave for the prescribed length of time, his full forum rights and privileges will be returned to him.  I believe (after looking at his profile) that will be sometime in 2023.

Or he's using a useless browser.

Or he is blind as a bat.

Or he took to many quaaludes this morning.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

So RG's issue is that some forumites have had their access restricted to various aspects of the forum.  Should he behave for the prescribed length of time, his full forum rights and privileges will be returned to him.  I believe (after looking at his profile) that will be sometime in 2023.

Or he is blind as a bat.

Oh, so he can’t play nice with others. So maybe he hasn’t taken enough quaaludes every morning.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That's just a place for deviant people who should go to other forums anyway so what's it matter.

I feel like there used to be a place that had P&R embedded right into the mix with no special permissions needed to post there, but then RG played the Pied Piper and lead people here. But I could be misremembering things.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I feel like there used to be a place that had P&R embedded right into the mix with no special permissions needed to post there, but then RG played the Pied Piper and lead people here. But I could be misremembering things. 

Yeah - opt in, not opt out. 

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That's just a place for deviant people who should go to other forums anyway so what's it matter. 

It's where the folks who actually know how to get shit done, get shit done! Except for the other idiots in there clogging up the bandwidth.

35 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Or he is blind as a bat.

I have never had my access restricted, ever.  I use chrome.  There is no reply button or way to reply.  I have never had a quaalude.

18 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I have replied before, but I don't go to that forum much.  But restricting permission is stupid, and only someone on a massive stupidity bender could think otherwise.  Really, really stupid, like dumb as hell, completely ridiculous.

A person who thought of restricting access should see a neurologist, because massive portions of their brain is not working properly.  Same for anyone who agreed to that stupidity.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I have replied before, but I don't go to that forum much.  But restricting permission is stupid, and only someone on a massive stupidity bender could think otherwise.  Really, really stupid, like dumb as hell, completely ridiculous.

That policy keeps the idiocy HERE and not over THERE. I consider it pretty smart policy.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

A person who thought of restricting access should see a neurologist, because massive portions of their brain is not working properly.  Same for anyone who agreed to that stupidity.

But you lead us here. Is this NOT the Promised Land?!?

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

:popcorn:

You know who restricts access?  The racist imbeciles in power now.  "Yeah, let's just remove people from the voting rolls because they didn't vote in the last election".  These same type of people came up with the Jim Crow laws.  You want it to be more clubby for some reason?  Only see people who agree with each other?  Even more ridiculous.

You have a fucking password protected forum already, and now restricted access to reply?  Dumb as fuck.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

You know who restricts access?  The racist imbeciles in power now.  "Yeah, let's just remove people from the voting rolls because they didn't vote in the last election".  These same type of people came up with the Jim Crow laws.

You have a fucking password protected forum already, and now restricted access to reply?  Dumb as fuck.

Hey RG, it's form software not racist crap.  Try a different browser.  The 'reply' option is there.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I know this is a stupid question, but you did stop and read the rules first, right?

And that means you did send a PM to Square Wheels asking for permission to post, without which you cannot reply, right?

image.png.ec7216fd4191bbd9958eceabc7006807.png

Hey, rules are for others....

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I know this is a stupid question, but you did stop and read the rules first, right?

And that means you did send a PM to Square Wheels asking for permission to post, without which you cannot reply, right?

image.png.ec7216fd4191bbd9958eceabc7006807.png

Wow, that is just dumb, why would we need permission to post after already entering credentials in?

And why would I think that I would need permission to post there?  I have posted there previously, but probably not in a year or so.  Anyone who seconded a "Yeah, go ahead and restrict access" to that decision should definitely consider a critical thinking course, although it probably wouldn't help.

• Whatever 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Wow, that is just dumb, why would we need permission to post after already entering credentials in?

And why would I think that I would need permission to post there?  I have posted there previously, but probably not in a year or so.  Anyone who seconded a "Yeah, go ahead and restrict access" to that decision should definitely consider a critical thinking course, although it probably wouldn't help.

You and your complaining about P&R are a good part of the reason.  Now you have to sign in to go there and officially accept the rules in place.  High five!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Image result for special little snowflake

• Heart 1