And this is why I do things myself

12string

4 hours ago, 12string said:

Just got back from visiting my sister and BiL in the Keys.  the house is new to them since early spring, it had been empty for a couple years before the hurricane repairs after Irma.  She was using the dishwasher just as a drying rack because it didn't drain.  Least I could do was some handyman stuff while I was there (I already replaced a bunch of toilet flaps).  I asked if she had cleaned the drain filter - people just don't do that, and 2 years can freeze the backflow flap.  So we pull it apart to clean it, not too bad, other than being a PITA. Ran a rinse, still won't drain.  Let's check the drain hose.  Pulled off the disposal, there was new water in there.  Reach in to see what's clogging the disposal connection - it's the knock out plug, not knocked out when the plumber installed the new disposal!

it's all good now.  And the filter's clean.

How was the convertible?

17 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

How was the convertible?

Awesome!  My wife was quite happy with the surprise.  When they asked for an additional $12/day to add a driver she insisted not.  I think she regretted that once she saw the car.   She drove it some anyway.  I told her we could really afford to buy one, but she's still smitten with my GTI that I can't get away from her.

I was happily surprised that there was plenty of room for 4 with the top down.  Only drove about 15 miles all week with the top up, the hailstorm insisted.

and seriously, I HAVE to find a place to do that doorknob!

• Heart 1