Man falls asleep while riding a recumbent

Longjohn

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

That’s why they don’t allow recumbents in the TDF.

Honestly, most folks I pass on recumbents look close to nodding off.  At the speeds they go, I think boredom is quick to set in.

I will say, though, that a flat course like the Seagull Century is a rare chance to actually see a lot of folks on/in recumbents.  Still mostly poking along, but at a better pace than regular.

I am also surprised how often the 'bents have an assortment of rear view mirrors, but are always shocked when you roll past them.  Again, I think it might be their near asleep mind at play. 

• Haha 2

I'm sorry..., never been on a recumbent but I call bullshit.  Fall asleep for lets say 12 straight hours and cycle over 1000 miles while doing it?  No food, no water intake....., no cramping or soreness in the legs enough to wake him up?  Was the road perfectly straight?  Do these bikes have autopilot?

I am thinking he hooked up with some young thing for a little tete a tete, then needed an excuse when he called his family.  

43 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I'm sorry..., never been on a recumbent but I call bullshit.  Fall asleep for lets say 12 straight hours and cycle over 1000 miles while doing it?  No food, no water intake....., no cramping or soreness in the legs enough to wake him up?  Was the road perfectly straight?  Do these bikes have autopilot?

I am thinking he hooked up with some young thing for a little tete a tete, then needed an excuse when he called his family.  

WTF???? Did you click and read the link??? :wacko:

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, Zephyr said:

Dearie and I were talking about this. Agree with you...it's just impossible. Anyone who has done long distance touring trips knows.  Our roads and pathways aren't built straight without turns, curbs, etc.  Same for Europe.

Actually that guy's lie is...laughable.