Diet Coke

petitepedal

6 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Tea...but I am at work and it ain't like one can boil water and steep a proper pot

You must have a place to boil water, get an electric pot. Fake sweeteners are the devil as is sugar but sugar over fake if you must. I drink black coffee and sometimes tea. I don't add any additives to either one. Some people believe the carbonation on soda is of the devil too, I don't know about that one but it probably doesn't give any health benefits.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Yet is the key word.

Sadly, this is the story of all the stuff folks talk about here.  Bacon, red meat, alcohol, chocolate(!), fat, caffeine, apples, broccoli, whatever :(  We're all gonna die - often of cancer or heart disease - and narrowing down which of the many things we eat - by themselves or in combination with others - led to the disease is what keeps all that stuff "safe".

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Sadly, this is the story of all the stuff folks talk about here.  Bacon, red meat, alcohol, chocolate(!), fat, caffeine, apples, broccoli, whatever :(  We're all gonna die - often of cancer or heart disease - and narrowing down which of the many things we eat - by themselves or in combination with others - led to the disease is what keeps all that stuff "safe".

Are you saying, it is all going to kill us or we won't know what killed us? Damn glad that I am old even if I am diseased!?

• Heart 3

33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We're such slugs.  We are not worthy of your excellency' presence.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Are you saying, it is all going to kill us or we won't know what killed us? Damn glad that I am old even if I am diseased!?

The latter.  We are all going to die of something which was caused by one or more things. 

I assume everyone on this thread actually READS the forum regularly???? How many discussions have we had about food, diets, drugs, preservatives, organic, processed, whatever??? Hundreds for sure.  Has that made you stop drinking xyz or eating abc?

So, long story short, since folks seem a bit crabby with the long weekend looming, I'll say go ahead an eat whatever you like. That seems to be what folks want to hear.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, petitepedal said:

This is probably my second one in two weeks...to quote people in the know "It tastes like ass"

I just needed a little more caffeine this morning.  Mostly....I have been rocking water.

Water, that is what peasants drink.  You need some tea before something bad happens!

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

What long weekend :dontknow:...I don't work for the government.

You don't get national holidays? Or do you trade them for the day after Thanksgiving or some other day off? I don't work for the government but I do work for a business that observes national holidays.  I know that's not "guaranteed" for some folks, but it sure is pretty normal.  Maybe you get double pay on holidays but still need to work? Or, maybe you get paid more in general so they don't have to worry about the nonsense of holidays, weekends, overtimes, whatnot.

Don’t feel too sad Ralph we disagree on beers. We have some common ground but he doesn’t like dark beers and he likes Four Loco. He likes PBR and Yuengling so the Yuengling is our middle ground. He will probably have a beer before he goes to bed. We are both well stocked on beer right now. The restaurant across from where he lives has Mad Elf. $8 a bottle so he won’t be drinking that. They always have White Lightning on tap for $2 a glass so we both drink that.

13 minutes ago, Dottles said:

There are so many quality carbonated water options that IMHO beat out a Diet Coke/Pepsi that I don't even waste my time.  No calories.  Almost 100% healthy.  I get my water and belches in.  What's not to like??

Something. There is always something :(

11 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I like Diet Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper.  Don't drink them too often cause I still don't think they're good for me.

I drink too much Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi - a few 12 oz. cans/day.  But that's 1/2 of what I did before I started drinking lots of water.

12 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

You don't get national holidays? Or do you trade them for the day after Thanksgiving or some other day off? I don't work for the government but I do work for a business that observes national holidays.  I know that's not "guaranteed" for some folks, but it sure is pretty normal.  Maybe you get double pay on holidays but still need to work? Or, maybe you get paid more in general so they don't have to worry about the nonsense of holidays, weekends, overtimes, whatnot.

I’d bet it is a tiny minority that gets Veterans Day off from work. My work recognizes the federal holidays, NYD, MLK, Memorial, Independence and Labor Days, Thanksgiving and a renamed President’s Day now called “Great American’s Day”. We also get Black Friday and Christmas Eve off. No Veterans, no Columbus or other “bank holidays”, even though the county’s offices are closed on many addition days.